Pontifical Catholic University of Valparaiso: Chile
International Studies Abroad
Located on the coastline of Chile between the Andes Mountains and the Pacific Ocean, Valparaiso offers hilltop vistas, beaches, and abundant cultural opportunities. By learning from Spanish professors and by studying with Spanish peers, students will rapidly improve their Spanish skills. Students enhance their Spanish language exposure by living in a homestays with Chilean families.
Dr. Kim Yunez, Boyer 155, 717.766.2511 Ext. 2670
- Sophomore, juniors, and seniors
- 2.75 GPA or higher
- four semesters of college-level Spanish
- Courses may meet general education or major requirements.
- Course disciplines include history, business, art, geography, literature, psychology, education, religious studies and sciences.
- Courses will appear on Messiah transcripts with a letter grade.
Visas: You may want to begin to explore obtaining your visa well in advance. Some countries require that students apply in person and the location may not be in the same state. Follow this link to obtain information about the Chilean visa process: Chilean Consulate - US.
Costs: 2014 - 2015
Messiah tuition, room, board.
- tuition, housing, meals
- educational excursions
- pre-departure, and re-entry orientation.
Note: additional fees students may encounter include (but are not limited to) transportation, visas, passports, immunizations, and course fees.
Students are responsible for their own transportation to and from this program
Messiah Pre-Approval Deadlines
Spring 2015 – April 1, 2014
Fall 2015 - December 1, 2014
ISA: Chile Deadlines
Spring 2015 - November 1, 2014
Fall 2015 - April 1, 2015
“The most rewarding part of my experience was forming strong friendships with many Chileans. It was interesting to see Chile, college, church, home life, etc. from their