Jerusalem University College
Walk the streets where Jesus walked as you study the Bible and Middle Eastern cultures at JUC, located on Mt. Zion, within short walking distance of the Room of the Last Supper and the Old City of David. Course offerings help students explore the Bible in terms of archaeology, geography, history, and languages. Ministry opportunities abound in JUC, and local congregations welcome students to their worship services.
Due to changes in Jerusalem University College eligibility, Title IV financial aid currently will not be available for students who are study at Jerusalem University College. JUC has offered scholarships, an Umbrella Program, but it is uncertain if this would cover all of the Title IV aid students would normal receive when studying in Grantham.
Until we have more clarity on this issue, you can check with the Financial Aid Office to determine if your aid package contains Title IV federal aid (see list below). The Title IV federal aid programs include:
- Federal Pell Grant
- Federal Perkins Loan
- Federal Work-Study
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant
- Federal Direct Stafford Loan
- UnSubsidized Federal Direct Stafford Loan
- Federal Director PLUS Loan (including Grad version)
- TEACH Grant
Note: Messiah students should not enroll in HIST 5/335 Ancient Egypt and the Biblical World at this time due to instability in Egypt.
- Sophomore, junior, senior
- 2.75 or higher
- Courses may meet general education or major requirements.
- Courses taken will appear on Messiah transcripts with letter grades.
- Students will meet their third language/cross-cultural requirement by participating in this program. Students will not earn 3 credits, rather the requirement will be waived.
Messiah tuition, room, board.
- tuition, room, board
- physical settings field trip, library fee, laundry fee, map materials fee
- pre-departure, and re-entry orientation
Note: additional fees students may encounter include (but are not limited to) transportation, visas, passports, immunizations, course fees, and field trips.
Students are responsible for their own transportation to and from this program.
- Many courses at JUC have course fees associated. Messiah will add these fees to your Messiah bill after the semester begins and JUC notifies us of the cost.
- A full semester at JUC is 16 credits; costs for additional courses - whether taken for credit or audit - are the responsibility of the student.
Messiah Pre-Approval Deadlines
Spring 2015 – April 1, 2014
Fall 2015 - December 1, 2014
Jerusalem University College Deadlines
Three months prior to the beginning of the program
Strongly encourage students to complete the application process before the end of the semester.
"I was thrilled to find that
the land of the Bible is real and tangible. My faith will never be the same,
since I also came to find Jesus is real and tangible."
-- David Broberg
For more information about and Israel, check out: