Scholars' Semester in Oxford
Study at one of the world’s oldest universities where you will be surrounded by accumulated centuries of stone architecture,academic history, and British traditions—including the important ritual of afternoon tea! You will live in a community of about 65 other students and will study one-on-one with Oxford tutors.
Want a student's view? Read Lucy's Story.
- Junior and seniors
- 3.7 GPA or higher
- Courses may meet general education or major requirements.
- Courses taken will appear on Messiah transcripts with letter grades.
- Students will meet their third language/cross-cultural requirement by participating in this program. Students will not earn 3 credits, rather the requirement will be waived.
Because of the high cost of this program, participation is capped at 9 students per academic year.
Messiah tuition, room, plus $1,700 off-campus study fee.
- tuition housing - meals are not included
- educational excursions
- pre-departure, and re-entry orientation
- Students automatically are given Visiting Student status
Note: additional fees students may encounter include (but are not limited to) transportation, visas, passports, immunizations, and course fees.
Students are responsible for their own transportation to and from this program.
Messiah Pre-Approval Deadlines
Spring 2015 – April 1, 2014
Fall 2015 - December 1, 2014
Scholar's Semester in Oxford Deadlines
Spring 2015 - October 15, 2014
Rolling admissions; students are strongly encouraged to apply early