Philipps University: Marburg, Germany
BCA Study Abroad
Experience German culture firsthand in Marburg, a large university town with medieval roots located within the scenic Lahn River Valley. Intensify your German language skills by taking classes taught by German professors at the oldest Protestant university in the world after completing an intensive language orientation in Vienna, Austria. During your time in Germany, you will travel with the program to significant locations like Berlin, Vienna,Hamburg, and Verdun, France.
Want a student's view? Read Lucy's Story.
Dr. John Beaney, Boyer 157, 717.766.2511 Ext. 3610
- Junior and senior
- 3.0 GPA or higher
- Completion of 202 or 206 level-language courses
Credits / Grades
- Courses may meet some general education or major requirements.
- Courses taken will appear on Messiah transcripts with letter grades.
Because of the high cost of this program, participation is capped at 9 students per academic year.
Messiah tuition, room, board, plus $1,700 off-campus study fee.
- tuition, housing, meals
- educational excursions
- pre-departure, and re-entry orientation
Note: additional fees students may encounter include (but are not limited to) transportation, visas, passports, immunizations, and course fees.
- Students will be charged addition fees if they take more than 21 credits while in Germany
- Students are responsible for their own transportation to and from this program.
Messiah Pre-Approval Deadlines
Spring 2015 – April 1, 2014
Fall 2015 - December 1, 2014
BCA Study Abroad Deadlines
Spring 2015 - November 1, 2014
Fall 2015 - April 15, 2015
“I joined an international Church while I was in Germany, and so I was able to speak with Christians around the world. They helped to challenge my theology with their own, made me defend my thinking.”
To learn more about Germany, check out: