Graduation from Messiah College's M.A. in Counseling Program requires:
- an overall minimum GPA of 3.0;
- successful completion of all of the course work for the chosen track;
- successful completion of the practicum and internship(s) experiences for the chosen track;
- successful completion of the e-portfolio;
- recommendation of your academic advisor, and the Counseling Program;
- completion of the National Counselor Exam (NCE), and
- compliance with all other Messiah College policies for graduation.
Note: Students in the school counseling track must complete the PAPA & PRAXIS II exams prior to graduating and cannot be certified until they have passed both exams.
- attendance at one professional conference related to counseling while enrolled as a student at Messiah College (applies to students starting January 2012 and after).
Graduation Checklist for Students