With a program reflecting Messiah’s reputation for excellence in academic and professional preparation, Messiah College’s Master of Arts in higher education prepares you to be a transformative, visionary leader for a variety of higher education settings. You’ll deepen your understanding of the theoretical foundations and practical principles of effective leadership in higher education. You’ll wrestle with issues facing the contemporary academy. You’ll be prepared to strategically advance excellence and equity for colleges and universities in the future. And as a nationally ranked Christian college, Messiah is uniquely equipped to help you successfully reflect your own faith-rooted identity and values into all aspects of your professional practice.
Messiah College’s Master of Arts in higher education offers:
- a flexible, affordable 36-credit program designed for working professionals – The majority of courses are conducted online, blended with some weeklong sessions during the summer months.
- program completion in as little as two years – Choose from three specialized tracks to advance your education and career: college athletics management; student affairs –or create your own individualized concentration, tailored to your professional goals.
- Courses taught by accomplished, committed faculty – Our professors have extensive higher education experience, gained through leadership in academic institutions, professional associations and as consultants. As accomplished scholars, our faculty have vital experience in their specialized areas of study and practice. Our professors are caring, committed educators who mentor you as you engage your faith, explore your vocation and advance your career.
- Small class sizes that ensure personalized attention and meaningful interaction with professors and fellow students – Our program allows you to learn from and with one another through online as well as face-to-face interaction.
- Coursework designed to be applicable and relevant to your own academic and professional context-- including a capstone experience that allows you to complete either an internship or internship and thesis.
- A reputation for excellence ― Messiah College is home to The Ernest L. Boyer Center, committed to renewing society through education. The College's academic strengths are matched by championship intercollegiate athletic teams that have won 13 NCAA Division III national titles within the past ten years.
- Deferred payment option if your employer reimburses for graduate course completions
- Rolling admission—Messiah accepts graduate program applicants year round allowing you to enter the program at a choice of multiple points throughout the year.
New online class sessions begin every eight weeks. To learn more or to register:
- Request info online
- Call (717) 796-5061