M.A. in Youth and Young Adult Ministries
New class sessions begin every eight weeks:
Start Dates | Preferred Application Dates
With a program and faculty reflecting Messiah's reputation as a nationally ranked Christian college, Messiah College's M.A. in youth and young adult ministries can help you enhance your abilities as a youth and young adult ministry professional, equipping you to become a more effective leader, counselor and mentor to young people ages 12-25 in a variety of congregational and parachurch settings.
Whether you are currently working with youth and young adults or are seeking to enter the ministry, Messiah's program can help you advance your career and deepen your expertise in biblical studies and theology, practical ministry skills, and understanding the development and contemporary culture of youth and young adults in North America.
As a student in this program you may choose from a degree option of a Master’s in Youth and Young Adult Ministries (36 credits) or a non-degree option of a Certificate in Youth and Young Adult Ministries (12 credits completed fully online).
Messiah College’s Master’s in Youth and Young Adult Ministries offers:
- A flexible, affordable 36-credit program designed with working professionals in mind—The majority of master's courses are conducted online during the academic year, blended with some on-campus sessions.
- All courses taught by Messiah’s faculty—Coming from a wide variety of denominations, our professors have hands-on experience in ministry, cross-cultural work, and other forms of Christian service. They are accomplished scholars and many have authored books in their special areas of study. Our professors are caring, committed Christians who help you explore God's calling and your vocation, and mentor you in your own education, faith, and career.
- Program completion in as little as two years
- Extensive youth and young adult ministries resources/networks—through the faculty and alumni of Messiah’s Biblical and Religious Studies Department, a thriving church relations program, one of the region’s largest interdenominational youth worker’s conference, and sponsored youth organizations such as Salt 'n Light Youth Ministry, Inc.
- Small class sizes- You'll experience personalized attention and meaningful interaction with professors and fellow students. You'll be part of a small group of students who develop meaningful relationships by moving through the program together, spending time on campus and online together—learning from and with one another.
- Rolling Admission - Messiah accepts graducate program applicants year-round allowing you to enter the program at a choice of multiple points throughout the year.
To learn more:
- Request info online
- Call (717) 796-5061