The Historical Library and Archives is open to the public from 9 a.m.-12 p.m. and 1 p.m.- 3 p.m., Monday through Thursday. CLOSED - Friday. Appointments are not required, but are strongly recommended. Every effort is made to maintain normal operating hours, but the office will close when staff members are not available. Visitors traveling from a distance should contact the Historical Library and Archives before coming to ensure access.
The Historical Library and Archives is located at Messiah College on the lower level of the Murray Library building. Visitors can reach the ground floor by using the elevator (turn left after exiting) or stairs (turn right at the bottom of the staircase). For directions to Messiah College, click here
Rules for Use
By definition, materials housed in the Historical Library and Archives are unique and require special care. To aid preservation efforts, the majority of our collections are stored in acid-free containers within a climate-controlled environment. We also expect researchers to handle material carefully, using the following guidelines, so that current and future generations will benefit from the information and insights of the past.
- Items may not be removed from the Historical Library and Archives. Exceptions may be made for special circumstances, as determined by the Director.
- Food and beverages are not permitted in the research area.
- Material should be handled with care. Documents should not be written on or otherwise damaged. Maintain the filing order and original location when viewing individual items in a collection.
- Limited amounts of material may be photocopied if the physical condition of the item permits and if copyright restrictions are not violated.
|church and college-related business - free
other requests - 10 cents/page
- When reproducing or publishing original information from our collections, the researcher is responsible for obtaining permission from the owner(s) of the copy-literary rights and from the Historical Library and Archives. In publications, proper credit for source material should be given to Brethren in Christ Historical Library and Archives, Grantham, PA. We will gladly accept copies of papers, articles, or other works that have made use of material from our collections.
|Brethren in Christ Historical
Library and Archives
One College Avenue
P.O. Box 3002
Grantham, PA 17027
FAX: (717) 691-6042
Glen A. Pierce