Messiah Aquatics: Rules and Policies
Policies For Facility Use:
- Use is restricted to Messiah College students, faculty, staff, alumni and their legal dependents (one additional guest is allowed).
- The pool may be rented out by educational and church organizations through the Aquatics Director.
- Employee dependents age 13 and under must be accompanied by someone 18 years of age or older.
- A parent must accompany dependents of Alumni.
- Persons age 14 or older must have a valid Messiah College Identification card or guest pass.
- Children 6 years of age or younger must have an adult in the water with them.
- No more than 4 children under the supervision of one adult.
- The pool may be used only when a Messiah College lifeguard is on duty.
- Lockers may be used during individual or group swim times. However, lockers may not be used overnight.
- All posted rules must be followed.
- ALL SWIMMERS MUST SHOWER BEFORE ENTERING THE POOL.
- All band-aids, jewelry and hair pins must be removed before entry. No pony tail holders with metal on them.
- No shoes are allowed on the pool deck.
- Food, drinks and chewing gum are not permitted.
- Babies and children that are not potty trained must wear a swim diaper.
- Children 6 and older may not use opposite gender locker rooms.
- Proper swim attire is required. No cutoffs, street shorts and T-shirts.
- Proper ID is required.
- All swimmers must sign in and sign out.
- NO RUNNING, throwing others into the pool, chicken fights or other horseplay is not permitted.
- No diving in the lane pool. Diving may occur in the diving well.
- Recreation equipment must be approved by the pool staff.
- Swimming lanes are for lap swimmers. During busy times, swimmers may be asked to circle swim.
- Please do not sit on, lift, rest on or climb over the lane lines.
- Pool equipment is not available for conference use.
- LIFEGUARD IS THE FINAL AUTHORITY.