Business Administration at Messiah College
Design a customized program of study from four different concentrations in business administration—entrepreneurship, human resource management, leadership and technology and operation management.
As a business administration major at Messiah College, you’ll design a customized program of study that accents the where, why, and how you choose to put your mind and faith to use. We offer many different tracks to prepare you for various occupational roles and in all kinds of interesting locations around the world.
Business administration major distinctives
As a business administration major at Messiah College, you’ll be able to:
- Study in a program named the #1 Best Business Degree Program for 2017 by Christian Universities Online.
- Travel to Europe and Russia with the International Business Institute.
- Join the Business Club, where students can participate in an ethics course study competition.
- Participate in Messiah's own Impact Venture Challenge-- a business plan competition dedicated to exploring innovative solutions to critical impact areas facing society.
- Learn how to invest and earn profit through the Investment Club, a hands-on laboratory experience that creates an income stream providing funding for student organizations.
- Participate in internships, which turn work experiences into learning opportunities and make connections between classroom theory and the "real world."
- Choose one of several special interests in the finance track such as financial analysis, personal financial planning, taxation, investments, financial controls, and financial economy.
- Study servant leadership, gender and cultural differences, and leadership teams in the leadership track.
Career options for business administration majors
As a graduate of the business administration program, students are equipped to secure positions such as:
- Small business or franchise owner
- Human resource administrator
- Financial or systems analyst
- MBA student
For more information on career planning for the business administration program, visit the Messiah College Career and Professional Development Center.
Internship opportunities for business administration majors
Messiah's nationally recognized internship program places students in a variety of business administration internships. A few examples include:
- Ernst & Young
- Mid-Atlantic Russian Business Council
- Economic Development Center
There are five curricular tracks ("concentrations") available to you within the business administration major:
Entrepreneurship prepares students to start a new venture, be a productive member of an innovative firm, assume responsibilities in a family business or become a productive manager in a growing business.
Finance has been developed specifically for students with career interests in corporate finance, the financial markets or in financial institutions.
Human Resource Management prepares students to be effective stewards of human capital through evidence-based practices in staffing, compensation, leadership and employer relations.
Leadership is available for students who are particularly interested in developing the skills to lead and influence others.
Technology and Operations Management is available for students who have an interest in technology and operations' increasing impact on the globalization of the world.
Hands-on learning experience
Join the Business Club, where you can participate in an ethics course study competition. Learn how to invest and earn profit through the Investment Club, a hands-on laboratory experience that creates an income stream providing funding for student organizations. You may even wish to travel to Europe and Russia with the International Business Institute!
Like many business students, you may opt to participate in internships which turn work experiences into learning opportunities and make connections between classroom theory and the "real world." Internships with nonprofit organizations offer a special opportunity to serve the community. Often internships lead directly to full-time career employment.
Our graduates currently serve in small businesses, for corporate giants, in churches and parachurch organizations, in government and more. They are entrepreneurs, congressional staffers, salespersons, investment advisors, missionaries, and financial analysts in places from Wall Street to Europe, Central America, Russia, China and Central Pennsylvania.