Business Administration at Messiah College
Design a customized program of study from six different concentrations in business administration— generalist, entrepreneurship, finance, human resource management , leadership, and technology and operation management.
As a business administration major at Messiah College, you’ll design a customized program of study that accents the where, why, and how you choose to put your mind and faith to use. We offer many different tracks to prepare you for myriad of occupational roles and in all kinds of interesting locations around the world.Our graduates currently serve in small businesses, for corporate giants, in churches and parachurch organizations, in government and more. They are entrepreneurs, congressional staffers, salespersons, investment advisors, missionaries, and financial analysts in places from Wall Street to Europe, Central America, Russia, China and Central Pennsylvania.
Business administration major distinctives
As a business administration major at Messiah College, you’ll be able to:
- Travel to Europe and Russia with the International Business Institute.
- Join Enactus, formerly Students in Free Enterprise (SIFE), where students organize teams, develop projects and compete in global competitions.
- Learn how to invest and earn profit through the Investment Club, a hands-on laboratory experience that creates an income stream providing funding for student organizations.
- Participate in internships, which turn work experiences into learning opportunities and make connections between classroom theory and the "real world."
- Choose one of several special interests in the finance track such as financial analysis, personal financial planning, taxation, investments, financial controls, and financial economy.
- Study servant leadership, gender and cultural differences, and leadership teams in the leadership track.
Career options for business administration majors
As a graduate of the business administration program, students are equipped to secure positions such as:
- Small business or franchise owners
- Human resource administrators
- Financial or systems analysts
- MBA students
Internship opportunities for business administration majors
Messiah’s nationally recognized internship program places students in a variety of business administration internships. A few examples include:
- Ernst & Young
- Mid-Atlantic Russian Business Council
- Economic Development Center
Learn more about the Department of Management and Business
The Department of Management and Business is housed in the School of Business, Education and Social Sciences Learn more about the Department of Management and Business by visiting our website, or check out some of the distinctives below.
- The Department has 10 full-time faculty members who have strong experience in industry and academics and who seek to mentor students both spiritually and professionally.
- The Department is accredited nationally through the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
- Professors in the Management and Business Department have worked or taught in Austria, Costa Rica, India, Germany, The Netherlands, Switzerland, China and many other places, enabling them to infuse international and cross-cultural perspectives into their courses.
- Developing a student's global perspective has long been a specialty of Messiah College and the Department of Management and Business.
- Our students join students from several other Christian Colleges to attend the International Business Institute (IBI) a unique program of business study, corporate visits and travel through Europe, Russia, India and China.