Chinese Business at Messiah College
Develop Chinese language skills and cultural understanding along with the international business competencies necessary to meet a growing global demand for multi-faceted fluency in Chinese.
A Chinese Business major at Messiah College, one of the top Christian colleges in the U.S., will help you build strong skills in many critical areas. The major is co-sponsored by the Department of Modern Languages and the Department of Business and Management. You’ll experience a comprehensive curriculum that offers core business courses along with Chinese language study (Mandarin) spread throughout the entire program.
Chinese business major distinctives
As a Chinese Business major at Messiah College, you’ll be able to:
- Develop proficiency in another language.
- Spend a semester studying in China.
- While abroad, take six to nine credits of Chinese language courses and three to six credits of business courses conducted in English.
- Live among other international students where you can easily meet and interact with many Chinese students.
- Embark on an internship during your semester abroad in China.
- Join the Chinese club.
- Gain skills that are in high demand among many of today’s employers.
- Develop global awareness and cultural understanding through direct experiences in the Chinese culture.
- Prepare for a career with international businesses, missions and international service organizations; community organizations with international ties; or domestic businesses with Chinese clients.
- Continue on to graduate school to further specialize in business or Chinese.
Career options for Chinese business majors
As a graduate of the Chinese business program, students are equipped to secure positions such as:
- International business leaders or consultants
- Positions with international service organizations
- Graduate schools student
- Chinese business specialist with domestic organizations
Internship opportunities for Chinese business majors
Messiah’s nationally recognized internship program places students in a variety of Chinese business internships. A few examples include:
- Interning during semester abroad
- International business organizations
You’ll develop these competencies not by just reading textbooks and attending class lectures but also by direct immersion experiences in a foreign culture through an exciting semester of study abroad in China.
There, you’ll continue with the study of Chinese language and culture, and take courses in Chinese economics or finance. Outside the classroom, you’ll experience the culture and have ample opportunities to speak the language with native speakers on a daily basis. While abroad, you will take six to nine credits of Chinese language courses and three to six credits of business courses conducted in English. You’ll also live among other international students where you can easily meet and interact with many Chinese students.
While earning your Bachelor of Arts in Chinese Business, you’ll develop a global awareness and cultural understanding through direct experiences in the Chinese culture.
Employment opportunities for those with a knowledge of business practices who speak Mandarin and who have an understanding of the Chinese culture are already numerous. The need for employees who speak Mandarin will only increase as the Chinese economy continues to develop at a rapid pace. After completing the Chinese Business program, you will be prepared for a career with international businesses, missions and international service organizations; community organizations with international ties; or domestic businesses with Chinese clients.