[SORRY, This year's event is now full.]
For Youthworkers: Adventure Scramble
Saturday, April 14, 2012
1:30 – 7:15 p.m.
||Starry Athletic Field, Messiah College
$10/person [includes all activities and picnic dinner]
$7/person for non-participating chaperones
The Adventure scramble is an opportunity for youth groups to grow together and have fun while participating in a sampling of outdoor adventure activities led by Messiah College’s adventure programs staff. The adventure scramble will allow individuals/groups to participate in three of the following options:
- Canoeing – Participants will canoe 2.5 miles on the Yellow Breeches Creek in tandem canoes. This creek section is relatively calm (Class 1) with some straight, short riffles.
- Giant Swing – Participants will experience a thrilling ride on a 40’ tall pendulum swing.
- Leap of Faith – Climb a 30 foot pole to perch on a 12 inch platform before you leap [or step] off to be caught by your belay.
- Team Initiatives – Groups of 8-15 participants will undergo a series of team-building initiatives that focus upon cooperation, problem-solving, trust, communication, and decision-making.
- Vertical Play Pen – Participants while being belayed will climb a 40’ tall vertical obstacle course constructed of tires, beams, ropes, and a cargo net.
- Zip Line – Participants zoom down a 300’ long zip line that begins 40’ above ground.
|1:30 – 2:00 p.m.
|2:00 – 3:00 p.m.
|3:30 – 4:30 p.m.
|5:00 – 6:00 p.m.
|6:30 – 7:15 p.m.
|| Picnic Dinner
- Limited to the first 100 persons registered
- $50 deposit required with pre-registration to reserve group participation; Full payment due by March 15, 2012 [Non-refundable but transferable.]
Adventure Scramble Pre-Registration Form
Please send $50 deposit [payable to Messiah College] to:
Church Relations Office
Grantham, Pa. 17027
Upon receipt of pre-registration form and deposit, we will reply with confirmation, further instructions about the event, and travel directions. If you have any questions, please contact Randy Ness via contact information provided above.