Dokimoi Ergatai is a Greek phrase that means "Approved Workers." It is taken from 2 Timothy 2:15: "Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth."
Dokimoi Ergatai reminds us of our desire to become God's approved workers and is foundational to the following core value statements:
- We share the Gospel of Christ in life, word and deed so that others may come to know him.
- We foster lifelong commitments to Christian vocation and servant-leadership through peer and advisor mentoring and discipleship to Christ.
- We integrate our work and Christian faith by making wise use of gifts and abilities to serve the underprivileged around the world.
- We demonstrate God's love through creative applications of our academic disciplines that meet human needs while valuing local culture.
- We cultivate long-term partnerships with the communities we serve, to gain deep understanding and achieve sustainable results.