Post-Bacc Inquiry and Admission
What do I need to apply?
To apply for admission to Messiah College as a “post-baccalaureate” teacher certification student, you will need to submit the following materials to the Certification Office:
1. Application form for post-baccalaureate teacher certification status, available from the Certification Office.
2. Official transcripts for all undergraduate and graduate coursework.
3. PAPA examination scores (see link at left for more information)
4. Criminal History Clearances (see link at left for more information)
5. Two letters of reference from faculty who are familiar with your academic abilities. At least one letter must be from a faculty member of the major department where you completed your undergraduate degree. Messiah College graduates are not required to submit letters of reference.
What are the first steps?
Perform a transcript self-evaluation. Visit our Online Course Catalog. Choose your program of interest from the list of majors and review the major requirements to determine which courses you will need. General education requirements do not apply to Post-Bacc students.
Send copies of transcript(s) for informal transcript evaluation to the Messiah College Certification Office, Box 3019, One College Ave., Grantham, PA 17027, Fax: 717-691-2380. These can also be sent by email.
Print and complete post-bacc application that will be sent via email with the unofficial results of the transcript evaluation.
Send application along with required application materials to the Certification Office.
Meet with the Certification Officer and/or Department Chair to map out a plan for program completion when accepted to Messiah College.