Engineering - Academic Program Information
The Department of Engineering offers a Bachelor of Science in Engineering (BSE) degree, which is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org. All engineering students must complete 15 pre-engineering courses and 8 upper-level engineering courses, including our Integrated Projects Curriculum courses. In addition, students complete 9 courses in the concentration of their choice. Students may choose among the following concentrations: Biomedical, Civil, Computer, Electrical, Environmental and Mechanical. For more information, visit the Messiah College catalog, or select a link below to view course requirements for each concentration.
The Department of Engineering offers concentrations in Biomedical, Civil, Computer, Electrical, Environmental, and Mechanical engineering. For more information about the academic requirements of each concentration, please select a link below.
Biomedical | Civil | Computer | Electrical | Environmental | Mechanical
To apply for admission to Messiah College, simply call and request an application at 1-800-233-4220,or complete your application now! We will be happy to provide you with materials which will introduce you to our excellent Engineering concentrations along with our facilities. Open House dates and major-specific events are scheduled throughout the year. Students may arrange for a variety of visit options to suit their interests and schedule.
The following are recommended for prospective Engineering students in addition to the standard admissions requirements of the College:
- Rank in the top 20% of high school class.
- Complete four units or more of college preparatory mathematics, one unit of chemistry, and one unit of physics. A course or other preparation in computer programming is also helpful.
- Earn a combined SAT score (Math, Verbal) of 1100 or higher or a composite ACT score of 22 or higher. A minimum mathematics SAT score of 600 or ACT score of 25 is highly desirable.
For information on formal admission to the Engineering major, please see the section below entitled "Admission to the Major."
Engineering students are required to complete 49 credits of pre-engineering courses before they may be formally admitted to the Engineering major. Requirements for admission to the engineering major are as follows:
- Declaration of a Concentration
- Completion of the following courses with a grade of "C" or higher: MATH 111, MATH 112, MATH 211, PHYS 211, PHYS 212, ENGR 231, ENGR 236 (formerly 262).
- Submittal of an "Application for Admission to Engineering Major (BSE) Program" form
The admission form may be obtained from this link: Admission to the Engineering Major Application
(This document is in PDF format. Click here for the Adobe® PDF Reader®)
For more information on admission to the Engineering major, please consult our Admission to the Engineering Major information page.
Return to the program overview