History Graduates - May 2011
(To contribute student or alumni news to this page, please contact Prof. John Fea, department webmaster. Let us know what you have been up to lately!)
- Megan Jones (2003) earned a PhD in history from the University of Delaware in fall 2011. Her dissertation was titled “Stewards of Tomorrow: The Student Conservation Association, Youth Service, and Postwar American Environmentalism.”
- Peter Fowler (2007) has left his job teaching Global History at Evangel Christian High School in Queens, New York and beginning in Fall 2009 will pursue a M.A. in counseling at Denver Seminary.
- Janet Kraft Vogel (2003) has graduated from the Library Science program at the Univerisity of Illinois and has accepted a position as Assistant Branch Administrator/Children's Services Supervisor at the Thurmont Regional Library.
- Kelly McElligott (2009)has begun a M.A. in history at George Washington University.
- Cali McCullough (2006)received her M.A. in American Studies from Penn State-Harrisburg
- Tim Beirne (2009) accepted a position teaching history at The Stony Brook School, Stony Brook, NY
- Mandie Sayers (2005) is pursuing an M.A. in history at George Mason University.
- Amy Fickes James (2005) has been accepted to the Masters in Library Science program at the University of Pittsburgh.
- Heather Breining (2005) is teaching social studies in the Baltimore City Public School System
- Cheryl Cliver (2005) is teaching history at Rancocas Valley Regional High School in Mt. Holly, NJ
- Jennifer Cline (2009) is teaching history at Garden Spot High School in New Holland, PA
- Krystal Eglseder Carman (2006) is teaching social studies at Westminster West Middle School in Westminster, MD.