Alumni and Student Lectures
History Department Alum Lectures
- Janet (Kraft) Vogel '03, Children's Services Supervisor, Thurmont MD Regional Library System. "'Cheese-Aspic Peaks' and 'Sunshine Salad': Gelatin in American Life"
Senior Honors Presentations
- Natalie Burack, The Can-Opener Gourmet: Poppy Cannon and American Culture in the 1950s (April 2012). Advisor: Dr. James LaGrand.
- Katie Garland,
Providential Progress: The Post-Revolutionary World of Robert Crawford (April 2012). Advisor: Dr. John Fea.
- Amanda Mylin, Reading the Leaves: Tea and American Colonial Identity (April 2012). Advisor: Dr. John Fea.
- Christine Kelly,
From Separatism to Activism: The Political Life of Jerry Falwell and the Making of the Moral Majority (April 2011). Advisor: Dr. James LaGrand.
- Melissa Hogan,
Puzzling over History: A Study of Late Antique Cyprus through Mosaic Art (April 2011). Advisor: Dr. David Pettegrew.
- Alex Lovelace,
Target of the Press: The Wartime Relationship between Patton and the Media (April 2011). Advisor: Dr. James LaGrand.
- Marty Zimmerman, Were These Soldiers To Be Our Conquerors, And If So, What Will Be Our Fate: The Gettysburg Campaign and Franklin County, Pennsylvania (April 2010). Advisor: Dr. John Fea.
- Caitlin Babcock, A Woman's Place: Feminism and the Assemblies of God in the 1970s (April 2010). Advisor: Dr. James LaGrand.
- Courtney Weller, The Historicity of Jane Austen: Courtship in 18th Century England
(April 2010). Advisor: Dr. Joseph Huffman.
- Kyle Cristofalo, John Hagee and Christian Zionism (April 2009). Advisor: Dr. Anne Marie Stoner-Eby.
- Mary Lee Shade,. A Guided Historical Tour of Messiah College (April 2008). Advisor: Dr. James LaGrand.
- Lucy Barnhouse, The Touch of the Spirit: The Song of Songs in the Gendered Mysticism of Bernard of Clairvaux and Mechthild of Magdeburg. (April 2008). Advisor: Dr. Joseph Huffman
- Rachel Heeter, Favoritism in the Courts of Early Modern England: A Study of James I and George Villiers, Duke of Buckingham (April 2007). Advisor: Dr. Norman Wilson.
- Kelly Knight, Loyalty and Dissent in Civil War Maryland: William Wilkins Glenn and the Suprression of the Daily Exchange. (April 2007). Advisor: Dr. John Fea.
- Justin Bollinger, Mason Locke Weems, George Washington, and the Emergence of an Evangelical Nationalism in Early Nineteenth-Century America (April 2006). Advisor: Dr. John Fea.
- Jeffrey Erbig, Performative Mapping: Land and Cartographic Culture in Lumbisi, 1762-1824 (April 2005). Advisor: Dr. Bernardo Michael.
- Nathan Tillman, The New Democratic Conspiracy: The Agrarians' & Simple Livers' Benevolent Ambition to Take Over the World (April 2005). Advisor: Dr. John Fea.
- Rebecca Roberts, Bursting the Bubble: Race Relations at Messiah College in the 1960s and 1970s (May 2004).
- Sarah Mackin, A History of Messiah College's Philadelphia Campus (April 2004). Advisor: Dr. James LaGrand.
- Megan Jones, Republicanism and American First Ladies from Martha Washington to Dolly Madison (April 2003). Advisor: Dr. James LaGrand.
- Janet Kraft, Two Hundred Years of American Dining Rooms (May 2003). Advisor: Dr. James LaGrand.
- Mac Brodt, Anti-Semites or Patriots? The American Response to the Holocaust (May 2002). Advisor: Dr. James LaGrand.