The Chinese Business major is sponsored by the Department of Modern Languages and the Department of Business and Management. It combines a core business curriculum with the study of Chinese language throughout the entire program. Special attention is given to the development of cultural understanding with direct experience in China. All students study for one semester at the Dongbei University of Finance and Economics at Dalian, China.
Employment opportunities for those with a knowledge of business practices who speak Mandarin and who have an understanding of the Chinese culture are already numerous. The need for employees who speak Mandarin will only increase as the Chinese economy continues to develop at a rapid pace.
- Language majors often combine their expertise in speaking a modern language with study in another area.
- Many business majors realize the importance of the ability to speak, read, and write Chinese.
- The globalization of markets has created a need for managers with knowledge of business practices who can communicate in a second language and have had direct experience with the culture.
- Both the Department of Modern Languages and the Department of Business and Management have altered their curriculum to create this major in order to allow students to complete it within four-years.
Students who major in Chinese Business study for one semester at the Dongbei University of Finance and Economics in Dalian, China, where they continue with the study of Chinese language and culture, and they take courses in Chinese economics or finance. Outside of the classroom students experience the culture and have ample opportunity to speak Chinese with native speakers on a daily basis.
For more details on the curriculum requirements and the types of courses you would be taking as a Chinese Business Major , visit our Online Course Catalog or take a look at the printable Modern Language Department Brochure.
(Course catalog and major brochure include PDF files. Click here for the Adobe® PDF Reader®)
How To Apply
To apply for admission to Messiah College, simply call and request an application at 1-800-233-4220 or apply online! Open House dates and major-specific events are scheduled throughout the year. Students may arrange for a variety of visit options to suit their interests and schedule.
* Messiah College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, age, disability, or national or ethnic origin.