Keith Lance Kuhlman Performance Award
The Keith Lance Kuhlman award has been established as a memorial to Keith Lance Kuhlman (d. October 13, 1983), the son of Dr. and Mrs. Edward Kuhlman. As a trumpet player, Keith was a member of the Mechanicsburg Senior High School Band and the Messiah College Orchestra.
March 24, 2014
Competition Open to All Music Majors at Messiah College
Amount of Award $400.00
GUIDELINES FOR ENTRY
- 10 minute time limit
- Final round must be performed from memory
- Vocalists are required to perform one aria and one art song
- Instrumentalists are required to perform one major composition or one movement from a major work.
- Finalists may be asked to perform an abbreviated version of their piece(s) to fit within the time constraints of the recital.
- Winners are not permitted to enter the competition the following year.
PRELIMINARY ROUND REQUIREMENTS
- Select repertoire in conjunction with the applied professor.
- Record performance (with piano accompaniment if applicable)
- Upload performance to YouTube and create a private/unpublished link
- Preliminary round entries due January 31, 2014, 11:59PM