With a program and faculty reflecting Messiah's reputation for academic excellence, Messiah College's M.M. in conducting enhances your abilities as an effective music educator and conductor.
Whether you are a public or private school educator, a community or church ensemble director, or a recent music major graduate—Messiah's program can help you advance your career and deepen your expertise in the specialized field of conducting.
- Three specialized tracks to advance your education and career:
- Wind conducting
- Orchestral conducting
- Choral conducting
- Flexible, affordable, and convenient program with the majority of courses conducted online, combining just the right amount of classroom and practical experience for your busy life and active schedule.
- Emphasis on summer coursework, including one-week on-campus summer sessions, which means a large portion of coursework in this program fits the schedules of teachers and many other working professionals.
- Fulfillment of Act 48 credits in Pennsylvania
- Deferred payment option available if your employer reimburses for Act 48 or other graduate course completions.
- All courses taught by Messiah's faculty—experienced, trained music educators and conductors with extensive college and public school teaching experience—who take time to mentor you in your education and career.
- Small class sizes ensure personalized, one-on-one attention, and meaningful interaction with professors and fellow students.
- Coursework designed to be instantly applicable to your own everyday work setting.
- Rolling admission—Messiah accepts graduate program applicants year round allowing you to enter the program at multiple points throughout the year.
Summer 2013 Music Graduate Classes
High String Pedagogy
Wind Conductor's Symposium
Latin and Italian Diction
Summer 2014 Music Graduate Classes
Low String Pedagogy