With a program and faculty reflecting Messiah's reputation for academic excellence, Messiah College's M.M. in conducting enhances your abilities as an effective music educator and conductor.
Whether you are a public or private school educator, a community or church ensemble director, or a recent music major graduate—Messiah's program can help you advance your career and deepen your expertise in the specialized field of conducting.
- Three specialized tracks to advance your education and career:
- Wind conducting
- Orchestral conducting
- Choral conducting
- Flexible, affordable, and convenient program with the majority of courses conducted online, combining just the right amount of classroom and practical experience for your busy life and active schedule.
- Emphasis on summer coursework, including one-week on-campus summer sessions, which means a large portion of coursework in this program fits the schedules of teachers and many other working professionals.
- Fulfillment of Act 48 credits in Pennsylvania
- Deferred payment option available if your employer reimburses for Act 48 or other graduate course completions.
- All courses taught by Messiah's faculty—experienced, trained music educators and conductors with extensive college and public school teaching experience—who take time to mentor you in your education and career.
- Small class sizes ensure personalized, one-on-one attention, and meaningful interaction with professors and fellow students.
- Coursework designed to be instantly applicable to your own everyday work setting.
- Rolling admission—Messiah accepts graduate program applicants year round allowing you to enter the program at multiple points throughout the year.
Summer 2014 Music Graduate Classes
Low String Pedagogy