Scholarships for Studio, Art Education & Art History Majors:
Daniel Vollmer Scholarship - The Daniel Vollmer Scholarship is for outstanding students in the visual arts. This
scholarship is awarded to new incoming first year students. The scholarship
recognizes students who have shown talent and promise in the visual arts during
their high school years.
- To qualify for this scholarship you must
enroll and to matriculate through one of the following majors: Art
Education, Art History and Studio Art (either the BA or BFA)
- It is a 60% of their first year tuition talent based scholarship which is renewable over the four years.Scholarships
are awarded on the basis of artistic and/or scholastic achievement in
the visual arts and a student’s written statement.
- One-half of the annual scholarship amount is applied to each semester of the year of award.
scholarships are renewable for each of the three years after the
initial year of award as long as the recipient exhibits satisfactory
progress in their area of study. An artistic and academic review will be
done by Visual
Arts faculty at the end of each year to determine renewal of this
- You must remain enrolled in one of our majors and maintain a 3.0 grade average in the major.
- Due date is February 1
Application Procedures for the scholarship:
Studio Art or Art Education
You must submit a CD Portfolio:
Art Images: Applicants must submit a portfolio
consisting of 10-12 images of work done during
their high school years. Please limit your
images to 12 pieces of art work additional images
will not be viewed so choose your 12 best
- Images may be any 2D or 3D media.
These projects may have been made to complete
a school assignment or something created
on your own initiative.
- 3-D work you may include 2 views of that
work which will count as one work.
- Images should be saved to the CD in
>JPEG= format only.
- Be sure to write your name on the CD.
- Image List: Images must be accompanied by
a written list of work on the on the CD. CD in
Word or PDF format. It should include the following
- title of each work as they are presented
on the CD,
- date that the piece was created,
- media the materials used to make the
- size (H, W, D), and
- A very brief description of the class assignment
- Written Statement: You must also submit
a 250-400 word written statement. Please
be clear and to the point. This file should be
included on your portfolio CD in Word or PDF
format. The statement should examine one of
- o What well known artist, designer, or architect
has inspired you and what is or was their
role in society? Why has this influenced you
and your work? Please do not write about local
artists, teachers, or friends.
- o What makes an effective artist, designer,
or architect and what are your own goals in the
- Background Summary: Provide a background
summary in Word or PDF format which includes
the following information:
- the course work you have taken in high
school related to the visual arts,
- any additional course work you have taken
or private lessons,
- any exhibits of your work,
or any honors you have won in the visual
- any additional special projects related to
the visual arts.
Application Procedure for Art Historians:
- Applicants for a Vollmer Scholarship in art history
must submit the following files in Word or
PDF format on a CD:
- a high school paper you wrote for a history,
world cultures, or art history class
- a written statement describing your interest
in art history and identify the skills and abilities
that are leading you to pursue an education
in art history. Please limit this to 250-300
Please Note: Vollmer recipients are not eligible
for any other academic scholarships awarded by