- Build and maintain relationships with agencies in the community that work with the tutoring, illiteracy, and learning disabilities (particularly after school programs, literacy programs and adult literacy programs):
- Allison Hill Tutoring
- Center for Champions
- St. Barnabas Tutoring
- Recruit volunteers for the agencies with which relationships are being built.
- Team leaders who can provide on site leadership for regular volunteers as well as serve as a campus licensed driver.
- Regular volunteers
- Potential Outreach Coordinators for future years
- Train and educate volunteers for service.
- Arrange for an orientation for each team during the first visit
- Plan reflection opportunities on site or on campus for further volunteer engagement in learning
- Sponsor lectures, films, alternate chapels or other educational programming to raise up-to-date awareness of issues related to your service (what the elderly are coping with and how team members can know how to best reach those individuals.)
- Assist all teams with any needs:
- Collaborating with other teams
- Placing students with residents
- Purchasing supplies
- Tracking attendance
- Transportation arrangements
- Work with Messiah College professors, when appropriate, to integrate projects or assignments related to your programming into their courses.
- Work with Resident Assistants, Life Groups leaders, and other student leaders to plan service projects related to your programming.
- Keep updated attendance records and budget records for your teams.
- Participate fully as a member of Outreach Teams.
To apply for any Outreach Coordinator postion, please download the application