- Bethesda Team:
- Bethesda Mission - Men's Soup Kitchen: Bethesda has a soup kitchen to provide food for men living in the mission and on the streets. Volunteers help serve food as well as clean up after meals. Students also have the opportunity to build relationships. Check out the Bethesda Mission Website.
Wednesdays biweekly from 4-6:30pm
- Bethesda Mobile Mission: Through the Mobile Mission, the Bethesda team serves outside of the shelter. Volunteers help with distributing clothes, blankets, hot coffee, food, and hygiene items
throughout various pockets of homeless communities in Harrisburg.
November 3 and December 1 from 8pm-1am
- Silence of Mary: Silence of Mary Home provides a safe haven for youth in the Allison Hill neighborhood. Students have the opportunity to do any work around the Harrisburg houses that needs done. Students also go to the rural farmhouse in New Cumberland to do agricultural projects which help address the problem of food insecurity in the city. More information is available on the Silence of Mary website.
Monday evenings from 3:30-6:30pm
- Salvation Army Breakfast Program:
Volunteers help serve morning meals to various homeless individuals. They also have the chance to build relationships and maintain weekly interactions with those who come in for breakfast.
Wednesdays and Fridays from 6:20-8:20am
- Tabitha's: Knit and crochet hats, scarves, gloves, etc. for the homeless in Harrisburg. Monthly gatherings of members join with Messiah Village residents to knit and eat together.
Assorted Fridays from 4:45-7:15pm