Service-Learning Opportunities in...
HUMAN DEVELOPMENT AND FAMILY SCIENCE
- Spend time weekly with residents of Bethany Village, Seidle Hospital and Messiah Village.
- Explore the therapeutic effects of horseback riding with CATRA
- Volunteer with special needs adults at the Paxton Ministry Home or Best Buddies.
- Spend time in the life of a child/youth through ministry opportunities, hanging out and being a mentor through Abba’s Place, New Hope Ministries Kids Club, Big Brothers/Big Sisters, or Young Life.
- Connect with students concerned bout their body image and eating disorders through Healthy Reflections and the Capital Area Pregnancy Center.
- Promote sexual abstinence until marriage in area schools and youth groups through I’m Worth Waiting For.
- Guest house manager for a missionary kid school or those traveling in that country (minimal language skills a plus)
- Serve as student residence parents: substitute for children’s own parents who work in translation elsewhere. They maintain a home which may accommodate just a few children or as many as 15.
- Be a group house manager. A group house is a home away from home for Wycliffe members and visitors in another land.
- Conduct marriage seminars
- Work with Mission Year