China Studies Program
Experience firsthand the daily realities of this powerful country by living at Xiamen University and spending time in Hong Kong, Xi’an, Shanghai, Beijing, and an area of rural China. The program includes Chinese language study, courses in Chinese history, contemporary society, and intercultural communication as well as possible business internships. Opportunities like weekly English language tutoring sessions help CSP students develop relationships with the students of Xiamen University while developing language proficiency.
- Two full years of college
- Will accept sophomores in extenuating circumstances.
- 2.75 GPA or higher
- Courses may meet major or general education requirements.
- Courses will appear on Messiah transcripts with letter grades.
- Students will meet their third language/cross-cultural requirement by participating in this program. Students will not earn 3 credits, rather the requirement will be waived.
Messiah Pre-Approval Deadlines
- Fall - December 1
- Spring – April 1
China Studies Program Deadline
- Fall - June 1
- Spring - November 1
Rolling admissions; students are strongly encouraged to apply early
Messiah tuition, room, board, student services fee plus $1,200 off-campus study
- tuition, housing, meals
- educational excursions
- pre-depature and re-entry orientation
- Note: additional fees students may encounter include (but are not limited to) transportation, visas, passports, immunizations, and course fees.
Explore possible scholarships for this program.
|Contemporary Society: Public Policy and Economic Development||
|Chinese I (3 credit) and Chinese II (must take the six-credits to fulfill two language courses)||
||6 credits of language|
|Eastern Philosophy and Religion||
|Physical Education (Tai Chi)||
|Dimensions of East Asian Culture||
|Participation in the Program||