- International Business (B.S.)
International Business (B.S.)
Gain hands-on international business experience at Messiah College.
The international business major at Messiah College offers you two exciting and innovative off-campus experiences that combine hands-on training in 1) missions and 2) global finance, economics, and law.
The International Business Institute (IBI), places you in Europe, Russia, India, and China where you will visit international corporations and also hear special lectures by visiting scholars. You’ll even take several international business and economics courses taught by professors from participating Christian colleges. The combination of these groundbreaking experiences will expose you to many facets of international business from developed to emerging practices and environments.
Later, as a fully immersed Global Christian with direct international experience, you’ll be well prepared to choose from careers in business, missions, graduate school, entrepreneurship, law, finance, economic development, and more.
As an international business major at Messiah College, you’ll be able to:
- Spend 10 weeks in Europe, Russia, India, and China with the International Business Institute (IBI), learning how to apply business principles cross culturally.
- Travel to a developing country via the College’s three-week cross-cultural experience.
- Spend a semester or more at Messiah College’s Philadelphia Campus (MCPC) at Temple University.
- Delve into a wide range of challenging courses including Economic Development, Comparative Economic Systems, Global Marketing, International Trade, Global Business Strategy, and Ministry in International Business.
- Combine your International Business degree with a Chinese Studies, French, German, or Spanish minor. Messiah also offers a Chinese Business major and a Spanish Business major.
- Apply what you’ve learned in the classroom to real world situations through the on-campus, Students in Free Enterprise (SIFE) organization.
- Join the Investment Club, a hands-on laboratory experience for students that creates an income stream to fund student organizations.