Gordon in Orvieto
The landscape of pre-modern Italy, populated by saints, mystics, artists, and poets, provides a foundation for this semester in Orvieto. Students examine these traces of Western classical civilization, exploring its relationship with present-day European culture. Especially appropriate for studio art majors, this program offers classes in the visual arts, creative writing, history, and literature.
Dr. Christine Forsythe, Frey 23
717.776.2511 Ext. 3710
- Sophomore, juniors, seniors
- 3.0 GPA or higher
- Courses may meet some general education or major requirements.
- Students take a three credit course in Italian.
- Courses taken will appear on Messiah transcripts with letter grades.
- Students will meet their third language/cross-cultural requirement by participating in this program. Students will not earn 3 credits, rather the requirement will be waived.
Because of the high cost of this program, participation is capped at 9 students per academic year.
Messiah tuition, room and board plus $1,700 off-campus study fee.
- tuition, housing, meals
- educational excursions
- Partial airfare as provided by Gordon
- pre-departure and re-entry orientation
- studio fee will be assessed for each special topics course.
Note: additional fees students may encounter include (but are not limited to) transportation, visas, passports, immunizations, and course fees.
Explore possible scholarships for this program.
Messiah Pre-Approval Deadlines
- Fall - December 1
- Spring – April 1
Gordon in Orvieto Deadlines
- Fall - March 15
- Spring - October 15