Walk the streets of Rome for a semester, amid historic architecture and famous sites dating from classical civilization! The Villa Caproni, by the Tiber River in the center of Rome, houses the program’s academic facilities including an extensive library and art studios. Students live in 3-person apartments within walking and bus distance of the Villa Caproni and take classes from Temple University professors.
- Junior or senior (will consider sophomores with extenuating circumstances)
- 2.75 GPA to qualify for the program.
- Courses may meet some general education or major requirements.
- Courses taken will appear on Messiah transcripts with letter grades.
- Students will meet their third language/cross-cultural requirement by participating in this program. Students will not earn 3 credits, rather the requirement will be waived.
Because of the high cost of this program, participation is capped at 9 students per academic year.
PA residents: Messiah tuition and room.
Non-PA residents: Messiah tuition and room plus $1,700 off-campus study fee.
- tuition and housing
- educational excursions
- pre-departure, and re-entry orientation
- Meals are not included.
- Messiah student should enroll in the Liberal Arts program. Students who enroll in Architecture, Visual Arts, or International Business programs will incur additional fees.
- Additional fees students may encounter include (but not limited to) transportation, visas, passports, immunizations, and course fees.
- Course fees and off-campus study fees will be added to students' bill once the semester has begun and Temple invoices Messiah for these charges.
- Students are responsible for their own transportation to and from this program.
Explore possible scholarships for this program.
Messiah Pre-Approval Deadlines
Spring 2015 – April 1, 2014
Fall 2015 - December 1, 2014
Temple Rome Deadlines
Spring 2015 - October 1, 2014
Fall 2015 - April 1, 2015