Jerusalem University College
Walk the streets where Jesus walked as you study the Bible and Middle Eastern cultures at JUC, located on Mt. Zion, within short walking distance of the Room of the Last Supper and the Old City of David. Course offerings help students explore the Bible in terms of archaeology, geography, history, and languages. Ministry opportunities abound in JUC, and local congregations welcome students to their worship services.
Note: Messiah students should not enroll in HIST 5/335 Ancient Egypt and the Biblical World at this time due to instability in Egypt.
This program is currently approved for semester-long programs. Students wishing to study at JUC over the summer or during J-Term may apply directly to JUC, independent of Messiah College.
Special Notice about Financial Aid
Due to changes in Jerusalem University College eligibility, Title IV financial aid will not be available for students who study at Jerusalem University College. Title IV federal aid programs include:
- Federal Pell Grant
- Federal Perkins Loan
- Federal Work-Study
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant
- Federal Direct Stafford Loan
- UnSubsidized Federal Direct Stafford Loan
- Federal Director PLUS Loan (including Grad version)
- TEACH Grant
JUC has offered to privately provide loans to cover the amount of Title IV financial aid that students would be unable to access while participating in this program. Note: this is a deferred loan, not a grant or scholarship, and as such would need to be paid back after graduation or if students drop below full-time status. Please contact JUC at email@example.com for more details about this loan option.
- Sophomore, junior, senior
- 2.75 or higher
- Courses may meet general education or major requirements.
- Courses taken will appear on Messiah transcripts with letter grades.
- Students will meet their third language/cross-cultural requirement by participating in this program. Students will not earn 3 credits, rather the requirement will be waived.
Messiah tuition, room, board, and student services fee.
- tuition, room, board
- physical settings field trip, library fee, laundry fee, map materials fee
- pre-departure, and re-entry orientation
Note: additional fees students may encounter include (but are not limited to) transportation, visas, passports, immunizations, course fees, and field trips.
Students are responsible for their own transportation to and from this program.
- Many courses at JUC have course fees associated. Messiah will add these fees to your Messiah bill after the semester begins and JUC notifies us of the cost.
- A full semester at JUC is 16 credits; costs for additional courses - whether taken for credit or audit - are the responsibility of the student.
Explore possible scholarships for this program.
Messiah Pre-Approval Deadlines
- Fall - December 1
- Spring – April 1
Jerusalem University College Deadlines
- Fall - June 1
- Spring - December 1
Three months prior to the beginning of the program
Strongly encourage students to complete the application process before the end of the semester.