Middle East Studies Program
Come spend a semester in Jordan where you will learn Arabic language, take classes in Middle Eastern history and culture, and live with a Middle Eastern family. Travel to such places as Turkey, Israel/Palestine, Tunisia, or Morocco. Through daily life in the Middle East, witness different world views that will challenge and strengthen your own beliefs.
- Junior, senior status. Will accept some second semester sophomores
- 2.75 GPA
The Registrar’s Office has determined that the following courses taken at the Middle East Studies Program will fulfill General Education requirements:
People and Cultures of the Middle East
Conflict and Change in the Middle East
Participation in the program
- Courses earned may meet some general education or some major requirements.
- Courses taken will appear on Messiah transcripts with letter grades.
- Students will meet their third language/cross-cultural requirement by participating in this program. Students will not earn 3 credits, rather the requirement will be waived.
Messiah tuition, room, board, and student services fee plus $1,200 off-campus study fee.
- tuition, housing, meals
- educational excursions
- pre-departure, and re-entry orientation.
Note: additional fees students may encounter include (but are not limited to) transportation, visas, passports, immunizations, and course fees.
Explore possible scholarships for this program.
Messiah Pre-Approval Deadlines
- Fall - December 1
- Spring – April 1
Middle East Studies Program Deadline
- Fall - June 1
- Spring - December 1
Rolling admissions; students are strongly encouraged to apply early