- Marketing (B.S.)
At Messiah, you get to “do” marketing through our flexible curriculum by writing real marketing plans, providing research services for businesses, and even participating in the sales component of marketing.
As a marketing major at Messiah College, you'll develop the ability to use your critical thinking skills and creativity to prepare marketing communication plans and develop advertising campaigns – even participate in national advertising campaigns – and provide research services for local nonprofit organizations. Campus organizations may even ask you to use your developing marketing skills to gather information and to promote their activities. You'll learn how to identify ethical issues related to marketing and to articulate personal responses that reflect your commitment to Christian principles.
And, as you learn more about the role marketing processes such as advertising, selling, and communications play in the development of economies throughout the world, you'll gain an in-depth understanding about how the marketing process helps organizations focus their resources and attention on meeting customer needs and wants.
As a marketing major at Messiah College, you’ll be able to:
- Travel to a developing country via the College’s three-week cross-cultural experience.
- Take courses in consumer behavior, advertising, digital marketing, social media marketing, computer graphics, multimedia, and news writing.
- Develop a portfolio of business writing samples (e.g., auditing reports, business letters, reports, surveys, etc.).
- Create integrated marketing communication campaigns, marketing plans, economic reports, etc.
- Participate in a wide variety of exciting internships in in sectors/organizations including advertising, sports, finance and manufacturing. Placements have included the Philadelphia Phillies and Hershey Foods.
- Apply what you’ve learned in the classroom to real world situations through the on-campus group, Enactus, formerly Students in Free Enterprise (SIFE).
Our marketing professors bring a wealth of practical marketing experience to their teaching. Many are practicing marketing professionals. They model ways in which Christians in marketing can make a positive difference in the world.
|Department of Management and Business|
|Learn more about this department
|The Department has 10 full-time faculty members who have strong experience in industry and academics and who seek to mentor students both spiritually and professionally.|
|The Department is accredited nationally through the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)|
|Professors in the Management and Business Department have worked or taught in Brazil, Costa Rica, Ghana, Liberia, Namibia, The Netherlands, Singapore, Ukraine and many other places, enabling them to infuse international and cross-cultural perspectives into their courses.|
|Developing a student's global perspective has long been a specialty of Messiah College and the Department of Management and Business.|
|Our students join students from several other Christian Colleges to attend the International Business Institute (IBI) a unique program of business study, corporate visits and travel through Europe, Russia, India and China.|