- Climenhaga Homestead & McBeth Alumni Center Policies
Climenhaga Homestead & McBeth Alumni Center Policies
Mission and Purpose:
The Climenhaga Homestead and McBeth Alumni Center offer on-campus facilities primarily dedicated to providing hospitality and programming opportunities to our college guests and alumni.
Climenhaga Homestead Policies
There are four (4) guest suites in the Homestead, each one includes bedroom, private bath and sun room. The Minnemingo Room has 2 twin beds and full bath for a rate of $85/night. The Yellow Breeches has a queen bed and shower only (no tub) in the bathroom at a rate of $75/night. The Falcon Nest also has a queen bed, full bath for $75/night. The President's Suite has a queen size bed and full bath at $85/night.
- The Office of the Vice President for Advancement will serve as the centralized request manager for overnight accommodations and meetings in the Climenhaga Homestead. Use of the homestead and outdoor patio areas must be initiated with and approved by the Advancement Office.
- Guests of the President's Office will receive priority scheduling for The Presidential Guest Suite.
- In order to maintain the integrity of the furnishings in the Climenhaga Homestead, overnight guests should be at least 12 years of age or older. Children ages 12-18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- In order to insure privacy and create an environment conducive to hosting overnight guests, The Office of the Vice President for Advancement will also handle any scheduling requests for any meetings, meals, or receptions to be located on the first floor of the Climenhaga Homestead and on the outdoor patio areas.
- There will be a one-year advance booking limit on overnight accommodations.
- The following activities will have priority scheduling privileges for all guest rooms, meeting spaces, and outdoor reception areas during the time period of said activity: Board of Trustees Meetings, Commencement, Alumni Council Meetings, Homecoming, Alumni Weekend.
- Use of the first floor meeting space shall be restricted to activities that support college-related business.
- In order to provide optimum flexibility for guest scheduling, on-campus standing committees will not be allowed to book multiple dates for facilities in advance.
- Due to the annual closing of the College over the Thanksgiving and Christmas/New Years holidays, no accommodations or events will be scheduled in the Climenhaga Homestead as follows: Thanksgiving: Wednesday (Thanksgiving eve) through Thanksgiving weekend. Christmas/New Years: December 24 through January 2.
- The maximum length of stay for guests not on college-related business is three nights. Guests on college-related business may stay as long as is required to fulfill their on-campus obligations.
- Evening social events held in the Climenhaga Homestead shall try to conclude by 9:00 p.m.
- The Office of the Vice President for Advancement will be responsible for initiating all event descriptions and issuing their distribution to appropriate campus departments for use of meeting spaces in the Climenhaga Homestead for evening hours as specified above.
- Dinners in the Climenhaga Homestead dining room will be limited to eight (8) persons.
- Receptions in the Climenhaga Homestead will be limited to thirty (30) persons.
- While some minimal reconfiguration of furnishings in the Climenhaga Homestead may occur to accommodate certain social events, in order to minimize damage, furnishings shall not be removed from the facility in order to accommodate social events.
- Overnight guests will be allowed access to and usage of the first floor of the Homestead unless meetings have been scheduled for that area.
Food Service Policies
- Catering requests for meetings and other activities shall be initiated by the office or department via the normal event description process. To better coordinate multiple requests for the facility, approval for use of the facility will be given to Dining Services by the Office of the Vice President for Advancement.
- Catering costs will be the responsibility of the office or department sponsoring the event.
- No cooking will be allowed in the Climenhaga Homestead kitchen by anyone other than the College's Dining Services Department.
- Information regarding standard food service options on campus is available in each room.
Rates & Pricing Policy
- Due to variances in room size and creekside view considerations, differentiated pricing should be assigned to the Climenhaga Guest Rooms as follows:
- The Presidential Guest Suite & The Minnemingo Room - $85 per night
- The Yellow Breeches & The Falcon's Nest Rooms - $75 per night
- Rates are subject to state tax regulations. Internal and/or college related business is non-taxable. All other guest use is considered "hospitality usage" and is subject to a 6% state tax rate on any revenue, including catering expenses.
The scheduling office (Vice President for Advancement) will be responsible for billing for use of the facility. Credit Card charges and Journal Vouchers are the only accepted means of payment for the use of the overnight accommodations. There is no charge for the use of the other facilities.
Check-in and Check-out Procedures
- Check-in may begin at 4:00 p.m. and check-out time will be no later than 10:00 a.m.
- Offices and departments hosting a guest on college-related business shall be responsible for picking up room key in advance from scheduling office and providing it to their guest on arrival.
- During non-business hours (5 p.m. - 8 a.m.), check-in procedures will be handled through the Dispatch Office.
- Upon check-out, keys should be left in the room.
McBeth Alumni Center
- The Office of Alumni & Parent Relations will handle all scheduling requests for the alumni conference room on the first level of the McBeth Alumni Center. Use of the alumni center conference room must be initiated with and approved by the Office of Alumni & Parent Relations.
- Alumni programming will receive priority consideration for use of the alumni conference room. All other requests will be honored on a first-come, first-serve, as available basis.
- Due to the annual closing of the College over the Thanksgiving and Christmas/New Years's holidays, no accommodations or events will be scheduled in the alumni conference room as follows: Thanksgiving: Wednesday (Thanksgiving eve) through Thanksgiving weekend. Christmas/New Years: December 24 through January 2.
- There is no charge to use the McBeth conference room facility.
- Evening meetings in the alumni conference room will conclude by 10:00 p.m.
- Room capacity for the alumni conference room will be as follows: twenty-four (24) for a conference-style format, thirty (30) for a reception format.
- The Office of Alumni & Parent Relations will be responsible for initiating all event descriptions and their distribution to appropriate campus departments for use of the alumni conference room.
- All catering for meetings and other activities must be requested through the Messiah College dining services catering department. Outside food is not permitted unless approved by dining services. It is the requesting department or person's responsibility to initiated the catering request with dining services.
- Catering costs will be the responsibility of the office, department or persons sponsoring the event.
- The kitchen and dining room are not to be used unless also reserved through the Climenhaga homestead.
- AV equipment available: DVD/VCR combo, projector, screen, white board, wireless internet, and conference phone. All other AV needs are the responsibility of the requesting department.
Climenhaga Homestead & McBeth Alumni Center Priority
Since homestead and alumni center facilities are primarily dedicated to providing hospitality and programming opportunities for our college guests and alumni, the following policies shall govern the scheduling of special events and meetings in these facilities:
- College-wide and/or signature events of the institution (i.e., Trustee meetings, Commencement, Board of Associates, Homecoming, Spring Reunion Day, Alumni Council, etc.) shall receive priority consideration in the scheduling and booking of the homestead, alumni center, and outdoor patio areas.
- Priority use of the homestead, alumni center conference room and outdoor patios areas will be given to meetings and special events that involve off-campus guests and/or alumni. However, the facilities may be available to on-campus departments for special events and celebrations (i.e staff retreats, breakfast/luncheon/dinner meetings, recognitions, etc.) on an as-available basis - - to be determined in light of other campus events and conferences already scheduled.
- Due to the intensive schedule and demand upon College support services during the final three weeks of either fall and spring semesters, special events scheduled for the homestead, alumni center conference room, and outdoor patios areas shall be limited only to those that serve a broad institutional audience and have been approved by the Advancement Office (in consultation with the Office of Alumni & Parent Relations).