- Standard IntelliLink Allocations
Standard IntelliLink Allocations
Click on the camera icon to see a screenshot of the page.
Use the back arrow to return to these instructions.
1. Log into IntelliLink
Use Internet Explorer or Firefox – Google Chrome and Safari do not work correctly
Password: This was set up by the approver. It must be at least eight characters long and include at least on capital and one lower case letter and one number.
5. Click on the red X for the first transaction. The Transaction Details screen will now be displayed. The following information must be provided:
Org Code: The transaction must be allocated to the proper org code.
Account Code: The transaction must be allocated to the proper account code.
• To change the account, click on the arrow next to the account code box and then click on the correct account if it is listed. If it is not listed, click on “Search.” This brings up the Account –Search screen.
- Who: this is understood to be the employee, if the purchase was made for someone other than the employee, it should be stated *see special rules for food purchases
- What: item(s) or service(s) purchased, this is typically listed on the itemized receipt; however a general description is appreciated
- Where: this is typically the location where the purchase was made and can be found on the receipt, however, if traveling, the location of travel should also be included
- When: this is typically the date of purchase and can be found on the receipt, however, when travel is involved, the dates of travel should be stated
- Why: an explanation of why the purchase was made must be included
Click on Save before leaving the page.
If it is necessary to leave notes for the approver of the transaction, they should be left in the “Cardholder Comments” box. To access this box from the “Account Statement” screen, click on the red exclamation point next to the transaction. Click into the “Cardholder Comments” box and type the necessary information and then click “Save.” To access this box from the “Coding“ tab, simply click on the “Approval” tab. Click into the “Cardholder Comments” box and type the necessary information and then click “Save.”
8. The “Image Upload” screen is now displayed. Click on the “Browse” button and navigate to the location where the receipt is stored. When the file name is in the box, click on “Upload File.” An itemized receipt or invoice, showing exactly what was purchased and how much it cost must be attached to each transaction. The total amount on the receipt/invoice must match the total amount charged. If the receipt has been lost, was never provided or has not yet arrived, use a Missing Receipt Form. See below for instructions.
9. From the “Receipt Image Management” screen, find the receipt that was uploaded. Click on “Linked Transactions.” “Linked Transactions” will be found below the file name for each receipt. Be sure to click “Linked Transactions” for the correct receipt. The most recently uploaded receipt will be found at the bottom.
10. The “Receipt Image Management – Transaction Linking” screen is now displayed. Click on the line for the transaction that matches the receipt. After clicking, a gray paperclip will be displayed next to the transaction. Then click on “Save.”
Please note: Between the information in the narrative details and the information on the receipt, all of the 5W questions must be answered. These are important details that must be maintained for IRS audit purposes.