- Psychology (B.A. or B.S.)
Psychology (B.A. or B.S.)
With a Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree in psychology from Messiah College, you’ll be well prepared for many entry-level positions or graduate school.
We’ve built this major to provide you with maximum flexibility! As a psychology major at Messiah College, you can easily pick up a minor, pursue a double major, study abroad or even do multiple internships.
In this major, you’ll study how humans think, feel, and behave; conduct research in areas such as motivation, thinking, attention, learning, effects of substance use and abuse, and genetic and neurological factors in behavior; and be mentored by our caring professors who are also committed Christians. Our faculty encourages you to stretch yourself. They want you to really experience your education through hands-on learning opportunities.
You’ll find that our program challenges you to think deeply about how to integrate your Christian faith with the study of psychology, and when you graduate, you’ll be well prepared to enter the work force in a wide variety of psychology-related positions. You may also decide to pursue graduate studies just like nearly 50% of our graduates do each year.
As a psychology major at Messiah College, you’ll be able to:
- Work alongside faculty on research projects that result in presentations and publications.
- Learn how to use client interview, testing and observation methods.
- Delve into challenging
courses such as History and Systems, Psychological Testing, and Experimental Psychology.
- Gain valuable work experience through internships as a case manager, crisis worker, therapeutic staff support, residential counselor, psychiatric assistant or youth worker.
- Take advantage of the major’s flexibility by adding a minor, double major or semester abroad.
- Participate in the senior honors project—a yearlong research project directed by a faculty member resulting in formal presentations to students and faculty.
- Join Psi Chi, the national honor society for psychology.
What sets Messiah’s Psychology Department apart is our dedicated faculty – all of whom hold doctoral degrees and are seasoned professionals with first-hand experience in their areas of interest — and how we intentionally and fully integrated a Christian worldview into the entire curriculum.