- Spanish Business (B.A.)
Spanish Business (B.A.)
The demand for Spanish-speaking, business-savvy professionals is expected to grow.
If you’re interested in polishing your Spanish language skills so you can use them in a business setting, then consider Messiah College’s Spanish Business major. Our program fully prepares you to meet the growing global demand for individuals with a strong background in business and high proficiency in a second language. We offer a challenging curriculum, a nationally ranked study abroad program, and local internships that give you countless opportunities to use and sharpen your Spanish and business skills.
While at Messiah, you’ll study for a full semester at the Universidad Pontifical de Valparaíso, Chile, as part of the International Studies Abroad (ISA) program. You’ll immerse yourself in the culture as you live with a Spanish family.
Back at Messiah, your courses in subjects such as business, Spanish language, literature, history, and politics, led by committed Christian faculty who have lived and worked among Spanish-speaking peoples, will complement your cross-cultural experiences. And you’ll be ready to embark on your next step, whether in international business, mission and international service fields, community organizations with international ties, or even graduate school to further specialize in Business or Spanish.
As a Spanish major at Messiah College, you’ll be able to:
- Participate in three-week cross-cultural trips to Costa Rica, Mexico, and Spain.
- Enroll at Messiah College’s Philadelphia Campus (MCPC) at Temple University and take advantage of internships available at various companies in the city.
- Use your Spanish skills in community service and volunteer opportunities.
- Take advanced courses dealing intensively with individual authors or periods of special significance, and courses that consider the political, social, and cultural histories of the Spanish-speaking people.
- Use our state-of-the-art, Beatriz Howe Language Laboratory that offers you the ability to improve your listening comprehension, speaking and pronunciation skills in Spanish.