State authorization and residency
Messiah College is a member of the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements NC-SARA). As a member institution, Messiah College is authorized to deliver distance education courses and programs in all SARA-member states. In addition, several others states restrict students from completing an internship/practicum in their state. For more information view the complete listing of restrictions.
While Messiah College requires graduate students to hold an undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution, applications for admission from students who have earned an undergraduate degree from a college or university in the United States that is not regionally accredited will be evaluated for admission on a case by case basis. Details can be found here.
Messiah College graduate programs will consider applications submitted by US citizens and permanent residents, as well as international students (non-US citizens). All international students, but particularly those wishing to study in the United States, should read the important information for international students prior to submitting an application for admission.
In order to assist graduate students, Messiah College provides consumer information pertaining to certificate programs that receive federal financial aid. For more information visit our gainful employment disclosures page.
Application materials should be submitted to: GradPrograms@messiah.edu.
Any transcripts or documents that need to be mailed should be sent to:
One College Ave Suite 3060
Mechanicsburg PA 17055
Program-specific admissions requirements for master's and doctoral degree-seeking students
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (family nurse practitioner)
- Master of Arts in counseling (all tracks)
- Master of Arts in higher education (all tracks)
- Master of Arts in strategic leadership
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Education (all tracks)
- Master of Music in conducting (all tracks)
- Master of Occupational Therapy
- Master of Science in Nursing (nurse educator)
- Master of Science in Nursing:RN-MSN (nurse educator track)
Program-specific admissions requirements for non-degree coursework, teacher certification and certificate-seeking students
- Certificate in Advanced Graduate Studies (CAGS) in counseling with field experience
- Certificate in Advanced Graduate Studies (CAGS) in counseling without field experience
- Non-degree courses, certificates and certification courses in education
- Non-degree courses in higher education
- Non-degree/certificate in digital marketing
- Non-degree/certificate in social entrepreneurship
- Non-degree/certificate in organizational and strategic communication
- Non-degree/certificate in strategic leadership
- Non-degree/certificate in management
- Non-degree courses and Certificate in Advanced Graduate Studies (CAGS) in music conducting
- Certificate in Advanced Graduate Studies (CAGS) in nursing education
- Dietetic internship - National Match option
- Dietetic internship - Preselect option (for Messiah College students only)