State authorization and residency
Due to state regulations, Messiah College is not authorized to admit graduate students who will be residing in the following states while taking online courses: Alabama, Arkansas, Iowa, Minnesota, and Wisconsin. In addition, several others states restrict students from completing an internship/practicum in their state. View a complete listing of the restrictions by state.
Messiah College graduate programs will consider applications submitted by US citizens and permanent residents, as well as international students (non-US citizens). All international students, but particularly those wishing to study in the United States, should read the important information for international students prior to submitting an application for admission.
In order to assist graduate students, Messiah College provides consumer information pertaining to certificate programs that receive federal financial aid. For more information visit our gainful employment disclosures page.
Application materials should be submitted to: GradPrograms@messiah.edu.
Any transcripts or documents that need to be mailed should be sent to:
One College Ave Suite 3060
Mechanicsburg PA 17055
Common admissions requirements for all graduate students
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree (minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0) from an institution that is regionally accredited by one of the following: Middle States, New England, North Central, Northwest, Western and Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. (For those with an international degree please visit the International Students page.)
- Completed application
- $30 application fee (waived for Messiah College graduates); payable when you submit your online application;
- An official transcript indicating the degree earned
(Graduate Admissions will secure Messiah College transcripts for all
Messiah College graduates); other official transcripts are required if the transfer of credits to meet degree requirements is sought, or at the request of the program coordinator/director.
- Personal statement of purpose: Your 300-500 word statement
should describe your preparations for graduate work, your reasons for
applying for this particular graduate program at Messiah College and how
this graduate program will help you meet your professional and
Program-specific admissions requirements for master's degree-seeking students
- Master of Arts in counseling (all tracks)
- Master of Arts in higher education (all tracks)
- Master of Arts in strategic leadership
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Education (all tracks)
- Master of Music in conducting (all tracks)
- Master of Science in Nursing (nurse educator)
- Master of Science in Nursing:R.N.-MSN (nurse educator track)
Program-specific admissions requirements for non-degree coursework, teacher certification and certificate-seeking students
- Certificate in Advanced Graduate Studies (CAGS) in counseling with field experience
- Certificate in Advanced Graduate Studies (CAGS) in counseling without field experience
- Non-degree courses, certificates and certification courses in education
- Non-degree courses in higher education
- Non-degree/certificate in leadership
- Non-degree/certificate in management
- Non-degree courses and Certificate in Advanced Graduate Studies (CAGS) in music conducting
- Certificate in Advanced Graduate Studies (CAGS) in nursing education