Q. Does Messiah College have a preferred travel agency?
A. Travel Time Travel Agency is Messiah College's preferred travel agency. Travel Time Travel Agency, Inc. is located in Lancaster, Pennsylvania and has been established since 1977. Messiah has been working with Travel Time for 20 years.
Q. Why does Messiah encourage the use of a travel agency over booking on the internet?
A. Travel Time is Messiah College's preferred source for domestic and international airfare for the following reasons:
- Lowest Fare Guarantee – Travel Time searches all available fares for the lowest price.
- If the price on a ticketed itinerary goes down, the ticket is automatically reissued at the lower rate. If the traveler finds a lower priced fare for the ticketed itinerary, Travel Time will refund the difference.
- Customer Service – assistance with travel problems and booking alternate flights due to cancellations or delays
- 24-hour Emergency Customer Service - after-hours contact - 717-229-6600 - follow prompts for emergency services
- One Stop Shopping – airfare, hotel, car rental and train reservations available
- Reservations - made by telephone or email
- Quick email confirmation of reservations
- Agents available Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm
- Booking on line can be very time consuming and does not come with the customer service offered by an agency
Q: Do travelers have to use Travel Time for all domestic and international air travel?
A: Messiah College encourages that airfare be purchased through Travel Time Travel Agency. However, due to the complex nature of travel, tickets may be purchased through other avenues.
Q: Who should I contact to book a trip with Travel Time?
A: Please contact the appropriate agent at Travel Time. Should our dedicated agents not be available, any agent at Travel Time has access to Messiah's records and can assist you with your reservation.
Emergency After-Hours - Please call 717-229-6600 and follow prompts for emergency services.mess
Q: Do I have to travel by airplane?
A: No, you may travel by airplane, vehicle or rail.
To reserve a college fleet vehicle, please contact the college receptionist at extension 3770 or email@example.com. Please see the Messiah College Vehicle Management Policy on the Department of Safety website for further information.
If a college fleet vehicle is not available, Travel Time Travel Agency can also arrange a rental. Special rental rates have been negotiated by Messiah College for Avis, Budget, Enterprise Rent-a-Car, Hertz, and National Car Rental Company.
Rail travel accommodations may also be made through Travel Time Travel Agency.
Q: Can I book hotel accommodations and a rental vehicle through Travel Time?
A: Yes, Travel Time has negotiated rates for Messiah College with all the major hotel chains (e.g., Hyatt, Sheraton, Marriott, Hilton, Holiday Inn, Ramada, Radisson, Best Western, Hampton Inn) and rental car companies.
Q: What happens if I need emergency travel arrangements?
A: Travel Time Travel Agency offers after-hours service by calling 717-229-6600 and following prompts for emergency services.
Q: Where can I find the travel policies for Messiah College?
A: All travel policies are posted on the Travel Services page of the Procurement website. You may find all of the travel policies in the Messiah College Policy and Procedural Manual sections 4.06.14 through 4.06.14.12.02. They are also available in the COE Handbook.
Q: Who should I contact if I have additional questions?
A: Please contact the Purchasing Department.