Travel Expenses

It is often necessary for College personnel to travel away from home for several days or weeks for College-related purposes. To cover anticipated out-of-pocket expenses while traveling, employees may charge expenses to his or her Messiah College Visa Purchasing Card (P-Card) or obtain a cash advance from the College before the trip.

Travelers who have been issued a P-Card should use it for hotel, restaurant, rental car and other expenses whenever possible. If an employee must use personal funds, the College will reimburse the traveler for all reasonable expenses upon presentation of receipts and a completed and approved Travel Expense Report Form.  Please refer to the Student and Employee Reimbursements section of the Accounts Payable site for instructions. 

Please refer to the Messiah College Expenditure Policy Sections 5.2 and 5.3 for specific policies.