Public Policy Resources
• National Journal
• Rand Corp.
• Kennedy Directory
• GPO Access
• Open CRS (Research Reports)
• Almanac of Policy Issues
• Pew Research Center
• Ethics & Public Policy Center
• Migration Policy Institute
• Public Agenda
• Global Health Policy
• Kaiser Family Foundation
• Nat'l Center for Policy Analysis
• SIPRI (Peace Research Inst.)
• U.S. PIRG
• Institute for Policy Studies
• Food Policy Research Institute
• AARP Policy & Research
• Bipartisan Policy Center
• U.S. DOE Acts and Laws
• Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
• Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget
Here are a few important resources for tracking policy, from the most recent policy discussions to a more historical view.
1. CQ Weekly - Provides a summary of the events having taken place in Congress that week. Includes texts of important documents, summary of action on major bills, and the voting record of members. Much of the information later appears in the CQ Almanac.
2. CQ Almanac - Provides analysis of U.S. congressional legislation during the preceding year. Tracks legislation throughout its course in Congress. Coverage begins in 1945.
3. Congress & the Nation - Tracks legislative activity of the four preceding years.
5. Library Catalog (selected heading form examples)
United States -- Tax policy
Taxation -- United States -- Legislation
Immigrants - Government Policy - United States
Parental leave - United States