Messiah’s dietetic internship combines online learning activities with supervised practice hours. More than that, the program has been designed to offer students a meaningful, challenging internship that will lay the foundation for lifelong service in the field of nutrition.
What makes Messiah College’s dietetic internship unique?
- The academic distinction of a nationally ranked, accredited Christian college, and an ACEND-accredited undergraduate nutrition and dietetics major with a 100 percent pass rate on the national registered dietitian exam
- A program which is approved for candidacy status by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND), which qualifies students to take the national registered dietitian exam
- The advantage of Messiah College’s regional network of organizational partners, offering a wide range of placements for our interns
- To date, graduates of Messiah’s dietetic internship have achieved 100 percent first-time pass rate of the RD/RDN exam
- A concentration in food insecurity
- Students earn 19 graduate credits upon completion of the program
- Opportunity to apply for Messiah’s accelerated MBA degree with a dietetics concentration
- A cohort learning model that helps students develop meaningful relationships with one another as they progress through the program