Messiah’s dietetic internship combines online learning activities with supervised practice hours. More than that, the program has been designed to offer students a meaningful, challenging internship that will lay the foundation for lifelong service in the field of nutrition.
What makes Messiah College’s dietetic internship unique?
- The academic distinction of a nationally ranked, accredited Christian college, and an ACEND-accredited undergraduate nutrition and dietetics major with a 100 percent pass rate on the national registered dietitian exam
- A program which is approved for candidacy status by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND), which qualifies students to take the national registered dietitian exam. (For more information about the national match program, see admissions page.)
- The advantage of Messiah College’s regional network of organizational partners, offering a wide range of placements for our interns
- Curriculum emphasis on serving individuals who find it difficult to access the foods needed for a healthy life (food insecurity).
- A cohort learning model that helps students develop meaningful relationships with one another as they progress through the program