- Caps and Gowns
Caps and Gowns
This past fall, when seniors applied to graduate, they submitted their height measurements to the Registrar's Office for their gown. The College uses this information to place the cap and gown order for all graduating seniors (there is no charge to undergraduate students). Caps and gowns are souvenir regalia that may be kept by the graduates.
Graduating seniors may pick up their caps and gowns (in addition to their Baccalaureate tickets and Commencement "rain plan" tickets) at the Messiah College Ticket Office, located in the ground-floor lobby of Eisenhower Campus Center, on the following dates and times:
Monday, May 12 - 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Tuesday, May 13 - 7:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Wednesday, May 14 - 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Thursday, May 15 - 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Friday, May 16 - 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Saturday, May 17 (Commencement morning) - 7:30 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.
Graduating seniors must pick up the Baccalaureate tickets and Commencement "rain plan" tickets in person. You will be asked to show your student I.D. to verify that you are a graduating senior, and you will be asked to sign for the tickets to confirm that you have received them.
Note: master's program graduates order their caps, gowns and regalia online, and will have their Commencement "rain plan" tickets sent to them prior to Commencement weekend.
Master’s Program Graduates
You will have the option to either purchase ($71.50, plus $14.00 shipping) or rent ($26.00, plus $24.00 shipping) your regalia. Payment can be made online using Visa, MasterCard or Discover.
To log in:
- Go to buildagrad.com/messiah
- Click “Regalia Registration”at bottom of page
- Click on the order arrow for either rental or purchase
- Input personal information including name, student number, height, weight and gender
- Input a valid email address to receive information about order
- Input shipping address information
- Select ceremony date
- Select your degree, a portion of the hood will be colored according to your program
- Review order and, if needed, click"edit information" button to change details
- Enter payment information and click "pay now"
- You will receive two emails once your regalia registration is complete:
- The first email will be from Build a Grad. This email order confirmation contains all the necessary details regarding your regalia order. Your Order Number will be on this order confirmation.
- The second email will be from UCG Sales Department. This contains payment information.
In-stock orders will be shipped within 48 hours of the order being placed. The deadline to order is April 1, 2014. Packages can be delivered by UPS Ground or UPS Air, though there are no Saturday deliveries.
Please allow plenty of time for delivery, as you will be unable to participate in the commencement ceremony without your regalia. Also, when your regalia arrives please check immediately that you have received the appropriate hood color: pink for the Master of Music in Conducting; light blue for Master of Arts in Counseling, Master of Education, Master of Arts in Art Education, or Master of Arts in Higher Education; and scarlet for Master of Arts in Youth and Young Adult Ministries. If you have any questions about this process, or need to order after the deadline, please contact Daisy Anderson at email@example.com or (717) 796-1800, ext. 2100.
If you rent your regalia, the tassel is yours to keep, but you are responsible for returning the cap, gown and hood. Following the graduation ceremony, place your items in the same box in which you received them, attach the return shipping label, and drop off anywhere that ships UPS.