- Commencement Courtesies
In order to ensure an enjoyable experience for all graduates' families and guests, the College asks your kind cooperation with the following on the day of the Commencement ceremony:
- Please keep the main aisles clear of strollers, camera tripods, and other personal belongings at all times - this is particularly important for the safety of the graduates and faculty during the processional and recessional.
- Guests are asked to silence cell phones and pagers during the Commencement ceremony.
- Please refrain from using umbrellas, shoulder-mounted cameras, or other possible visual obstructions in areas where they may block the view of other guests during the ceremony.
- Please be courteous of the noise level while students' names are being read during the presentation of diplomas.
- Pets/animals of any kind are not permitted at Starry Athletic Field (with the exception of special assistance animals for our guests with a disability).
- There is ample seating for all guests during the Commencement ceremony. Guests are asked not to bring lawn chairs or other supplemental seating to the ceremony site.
- Guests are asked not to bring coolers to the Commencement ceremony. (Complimentary portable water is provided to guests both prior to and during the ceremony, followed by a refreshments reception after the ceremony.)