Graduate Programs in Nursing
Advance your career as a family nurse practitioner with a Doctor of Nursing Practice degree or as a nurse educator with a Master of Science in Nursing degree or a post-master’s Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies. With coursework that is predominately online, all Messiah’s advanced nursing degrees and certificates are made to fit the lifestyle of busy professionals.
Doctor of Nursing Practice family nurse practitioner (DNP-FNP)
Take your passion for patient care and your nursing career to a whole new level. Advance your career as a family nurse practitioner with Messiah’s Doctor of Nursing Practice degree. This degree will prepare those who have a BSN to provide leadership and service by promoting quality, holistic nursing care in an advanced role. The post-BSN Doctor of Nursing Practice family nurse practitioner program (BSN-DNP-FNP) provides extensive clinical practice and role preparation in caring for patients across the lifespan from a Christian faith perspective.
Master of Science in Nursing nurse educator (MSN)
Advance your career—and the next generation of nursing professionals. In the rapidly changing world of healthcare, there is increasing demand for highly skilled nurses—and even greater demand for the nurse educators who will mentor and prepare them. Messiah College’s Master of Science in Nursing will prepare you to be a nurse educator who is uniquely equipped to lead and teach in a variety of educational and clinical settings. Learn more about nurse educator career paths.
MSN nurse educator
Messiah College’s MSN nurse educator degree program is designed for nursing graduates who hold a BSN and are seeking to earn an MSN degree that will help to prepare them for a career as a nurse educator. Our master’s in nursing program will help prepare you to take the National League for Nursing (NLN) Certified Nurse Educator examination after meeting the practice requirement for eligibility. Messiah’s MSN degree program additionally provides a strong foundation should you choose to pursue doctoral study.
RN-MSN nurse educator
This customized degree program offers two options: one designed for registered nurses who have earned an associate degree or nursing diploma, and a second for registered nurses who have earned an associate degree or nursing diploma and a bachelor’s degree in a non-nursing field. Both options enable students to streamline their education to earn a Master of Science in Nursing that will advance their career in nursing education.
Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies in nursing education (CAGS)
If you are a registered nurse who already holds an advanced degree in nursing (MSN, DNP or Ph.D.) without a focus in nurse education but would like to advance your career as a nurse educator, Messiah offers a CAGS in nursing education. Graduates of the certificate program will be prepared to take the National League for Nursing (NLN) Certified Nurse Educator examination after meeting the appropriate practice requirement for eligibility.
Messiah’s graduate programs in nursing offers:
- Central Pennsylvania’s only online MSN nurse educator degree program—The majority of coursework is conducted online with some on-campus sessions throughout the year, designed to fit the schedules of busy working professionals.
- One of Pennsylvania’s only predominately online BSN-DNP-FNP programs.
- One of the state’s only DNP-FNP program taught from a Christian faith perspective.
- A DNP-FNP pathway for those holding a BSN; most programs are post‐master’s DNP.
- The academic distinction of a nationally ranked, accredited Christian college.
- The proven success and reputation of our nursing program—Messiah’s nursing graduates are well respected and in demand by regional employers.
- Nursing faculty who are experienced Christian educators, nursing professionals and accomplished scholars who will take time to mentor you in your education, faith and career.
- A 39-credit master’s program that can be completed in as little as two years.
- An 86-credit doctoral program that can be completed in as little as four years.
- Deferred payment options are available if your employer is reimbursing your tuition.