M.M. in conducting
Are you looking for a master’s in conducting program that has a national reputation, but still fits the needs of a working adult? Messiah College's Master of Music in conducting program offers a reputation for academic excellence, online classes, experienced faculty and one of the most technologically advanced learning facilities on the East Coast. The majority of classes are offered online, with some on-campus sessions, so you are free to pursue your career and your degree at the same time.
What sets Messiah graduate programs apart?
- Flexible, affordable and convenient program with the majority of courses conducted online, combining just the right amount of classroom and practical experience for your busy life and active schedule.
- Emphasis on summer coursework, including one-week on-campus summer sessions, designed to fit the schedules of teachers and other working professionals. Program can be completed in about two years.
- Premiere facilities—While on campus, you’ll experience your coursework in the newly constructed Calvin and Janet High Center for Worship and Performing Arts.
- All courses taught by Messiah’s faculty—experienced, trained music educators and conductors with extensive college and public school teaching experience—who take time to mentor you in your education and career.
- Coursework designed to be instantly applicable to your everyday work setting.
- Hands-on experience—as a student in our degree program, you’ll have the opportunity to work with one of the many outstanding ensembles at Messiah College.
- Fulfillment of Act 48 credits in Pennsylvania
- Deferred payment option available if your employer reimburses for Act 48 or other graduate course completions.
- Small class sizes ensure personalized, one-on-one attention, and meaningful interaction with your professors and fellow students.
- Rolling admission—Messiah accepts graduate program applicants year round allowing you to enter the program at multiple points throughout the year.
Whether you are a public or private school educator, a community or church ensemble director, or a recent music major graduate, Messiah’s M.M. in conducting can help you advance your career as a music educator and deepen your expertise in the specialized field of conducting.
We offer degree tracks in:
- Choral conducting
- Orchestral conducting
- Wind conducting
Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies
CAGS is designed for music educators who have already earned their master’s degree but would like to further advance their conducting and pedagogy skills. Wind, orchestral and choral tracks are available.
Tuition and fees
Tuition per credit hour: $595
Tuition cost for the entire 30-credit-hour program: $17,850
Messiah College offers several tuition discounts to full-time graduate students pursuing a degree.
Questions about the M.A. or CAGS in conducting
Dr. Bradley Genevro, director of the Graduate Program in Conducting, firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions about any of Messiah’s graduate programs
Matt Reitnour, director of graduate and non-traditional enrollment, email@example.com
Questions about financial aid
Carol Good, coordinator of graduate student financial services, firstname.lastname@example.org