- Admissions Process
Admissions requirements for Messiah College graduate programs
State Authorization & Residency
Due to state regulations, Messiah College is not authorized to admit graduate students who will be residing in the following states while taking online courses: Alabama, Arkansas, Iowa, Minnesota, and Wisconsin. In addition, several others states restrict students from completing an internship/practicum in their state. View a complete listing of the restrictions by state.
Messiah College graduate programs will consider applications submitted by US citizens and permanent residents. For information regarding International Student Admissions.
In order to assist graduate students, Messiah College provides consumer information pertaining to certificate programs that receive federal financial aid. For more information visit our Gainful Employment Disclosures Page.
Common admissions requirements for all graduate students
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree (minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0) from an institution that is regionally accredited by one of the following: Middle States, New England, North Central, Northwest, Western and Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. (For those with an international degree please visit the International Students page.)
- Completed application
- $30 application fee (waived for Messiah College graduates); payable when you submit your online application;
- Official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended (Graduate Admissions will secure Messiah College transcripts for all Messiah College graduates);
- Personal Statement of Purpose: Your 300-500 word statement should describe your preparations for graduate work, your reasons for applying for this particular graduate program at Messiah College and how this graduate program will help you meet your professional and educational goals.;
- Two recommendations (addressing your professional experience and/or academic performance, excluding relatives);
- Resumé or Curriculum Vita.
Program-specific admissions requirements for master's degree-seeking students
- Master of Arts in Counseling (all tracks)
- Master of Arts in Higher Education (all tracks)
- Master of Arts in Strategic Leadership
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Education (all tracks)
- Master of Music in Conducting (all tracks)
- Master of Science in Nursing (nurse educator)
- Master of Science in Nursing:RN-MSN (nurse educator track)
Program-specific admissions requirements for non-degree coursework, teacher certification and certificate-seeking students
- Certificate in Advanced Graduate Studies (CAGS) in Counseling with Field Experience
- Certificate in Advanced Graduate Studies (CAGS) in Counseling without Field Experience
- Non-Degree Courses in Art Education
- Non-Degree Courses, Certificates and Certification Courses in Education
- Non-Degree Courses in Higher Education
- Non-Degree/Certificate in Leadership
- Non Degree/Certificate in Management
- Non-Degree Courses and Certificate in Advanced Graduate Studies (CAGS) in Music Conducting
- Non-Degree Courses and Certificate in Advanced Graduate Studies (CAGS) in Nursing Education
- Non-Degree Courses in Youth and Young Adult Ministries
Application materials should be submitted to: GradPrograms@messiah.edu.
Any transcripts or documents that need to be mailed should be sent to:
One College Ave Suite 3060
Mechanicsburg PA 17055
Documents can be faxed to: 717-691-2307