- Accounting (B.S.)
Prepare to become a Certified Public Accountant; enter the financial, corporate, personal, or tax accounting field; or pursue auditing – all within a Christian perspective.
As a Messiah College accounting graduate, you will be in high demand by public accounting firms and national corporations, as well as small businesses. In fact, like more than 70 percent of our graduates, you may even find yourself accepting a job offer early in your senior year.
All of the “Big Four” accounting firms recruit Messiah accounting graduates, and employers consistently report that Messiah College produces highly competent Christian accountants with the integrity, technical skills, and writing ability needed in today’s demanding business environment.
As an accounting major at Messiah College, you’ll be able to:
- Develop competencies essential to maintaining, auditing, and inspecting the financial records of individuals and businesses.
- Learn the skills necessary for preparing financial and tax reports.
- Take advantage of Messiah’s distinctive writing curriculum for accounting majors and compile a writing portfolio.
- Have the opportunity to be mentored by an accounting alum during your sophomore through senior years.
- Participate in an Internal Revenue Service-sponsored program where you’ll prepare tax returns for low-income individuals, elderly, and those in need.
- Prepare to take the Certified Public Accounting exam, where are graduates have consistently ranked in the top 10 percent in total parts passed on their first attempt at the exam.
- Network at accounting nights or Messiah Business Alumni Networking Breakfasts—events that connect alumni, accounting, industry and government representatives to students.
- Have an opportunity to obtain an internship during or after your sophomore year.
- Sharpen your investment and strategy skills by joining the Investment Club or Enactus (formerly Students in Free Enterprise).
- Try your hand at real–world stock trading and create an income stream that provides funding for Messiah College student organizations.
- Study abroad or take a January-term trip with professors who are accomplished business scholars and published authors.
All of the “Big Four” accounting firms recruit Messiah accounting graduates.
|Department of Management and Business|
|Learn more about this department
|The Department has 10 full-time faculty members who have strong experience in industry and academics and who seek to mentor students both spiritually and professionally.|
|The Department is accredited nationally through the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)|
|Professors in the Management and Business Department have worked or taught in Brazil, Costa Rica, Ghana, Liberia, Namibia, The Netherlands, Singapore, Ukraine and many other places, enabling them to infuse international and cross-cultural perspectives into their courses.|
|Developing a student's global perspective has long been a specialty of Messiah College and the Department of Management and Business.|
|Our students join students from several other Christian Colleges to attend the International Business Institute (IBI) a unique program of business study, corporate visits and travel through Europe, Russia, India and China.|