- Benefits for Employers
Benefits for Employers
How Can I, as a Site Sponsor, Benefit?
Many supervisors simply enjoy sharing their expertise and savvy in their roles as professional mentors. In addition, some tangible benefits include:
- Year round source of highly motivated pre-professionals
- Quality candidates for temporary or seasonal positions and projects
- Freedom for professional staff to pursue more creative projects
- Flexible, cost-effective work force not requiring a long-term site sponsor commitment
- Proven, cost-effective way to recruit and evaluate potential employees. According to the 2008 Experiential Education Survey conducted by the National Association of Colleges and Employers:
- 90% of employer respondents indicated the primary purpose for them sponsoring an internship is to recruit entry-level talent
- Offers of full-time employment as a result of the internship increased from 56.9% in 2001 to 69.6% in 2008
- Interns converted to full-time hires increased from 35.6% in 2001 to 50.5% in 2008
- Employer respondents reported higher retention rates for those with internship experience, compared to those who had none
What Skills Do Students Bring To The Job?
Why should your organization host an intern? What types of skills and background do they bring to the job? As an example, check out our History students and Politics students.