The mission of the Messiah College Department of Education is to develop exemplary educators who apply their knowledge, skills, Christian faith, and ethical principles to decision making, reflective thinking, and problem solving in diverse learning environments.
As Promotional Director of Black Pinto Horse Fine Arts, my responsibilities require great attention to detail, as well as dedication, determination, drive, ingenuity, honesty and much hard work—characteristics many of my professors at Messiah reinforced. Messiah helped to instill the importance of giving—it is essential to give back to communities and help those who can’t help themselves.Emily Nell
To support our mission and to meet professional development standards, the following themes are integrated throughout all of the Department of Education's courses and teacher preparation programs:
- Assessment: Collecting valid and reliable data to inform evaluation and decision-making processes
- Technology and Information Literacy: Applying a wide variety of instructional technologies and information resources to enhance instructional decision-making and effectiveness
- Inclusion: Creating and maintaining educational environments that promote learning opportunities for individuals who possess a variety of exceptionalities and disabilities
- Multiculturalism: Creating and maintaining educational environments that promote learning opportunities for individuals who represent a variety of racial, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds.
- The Christian Teacher: Demonstrating Christian faith and values in all of the actions, judgments, and interpersonal relationships that are relevant to educational environments.