- Business Administration (B.S.)
Business Administration (B.S.)
Design a customized program of study from seven different tracks in business administration— generalist, finance, leadership, management, entrepreneurship, technologies and operations management, or HR management.
As a business administration major at Messiah College, you’ll design a customized program of study that accents the where, why, and how you choose to put your mind and faith to use. We offer many different tracks to prepare you for myriad of occupational roles and in all kinds of interesting locations around the world.
Our graduates currently serve in small businesses, for corporate giants, in churches and parachurch organizations, in government, and more. They are entrepreneurs, congressional staffers, salespersons, investment advisors, missionaries, and financial analysts in places from Wall Street to Europe, Central America, Russia, China, and even Central Pennsylvania.
As a business administration major at Messiah College, you’ll be able to:
- Develop a portfolio of business writing samples from courses related to auditing, business letters, reports, and surveys.
- Create integrated marketing communication campaigns, marketing plans, and economic reports.
- Travel to Europe and Russia with the International Business Institute.
- Join Students in Free Enterprise (SIFE), where students organize teams, develop projects, and compete in global competitions.
- Learn how to invest and earn profit through the Investment Club, a hands-on laboratory experience that creates an income stream providing funding for student organizations.
- Spend one or two semesters at Messiah’s Philadelphia Campus at Temple University.
- Participate in internships, which turn work experiences into learning opportunities and make connections between classroom theory and the "real world."
- Choose one of several special interests in the finance track such as financial analysis, personal financial planning, taxation, investments, financial controls, and financial economy.
- Study servant leadership, gender and cultural differences, and leadership teams in the leadership track.
- Travel to Costa Rica in January with one of our professors.
Our faculty members will stay in touch with you even if you opt to study abroad or at our Philadelphia Campus. They'll invite you into their homes for opportunities to mingle with other students on an informal basis. They believe strongly that college is an important time for developing long-lasting relationships.