- Chinese Business
Develop Chinese language skills and cultural understanding along with the international business competencies necessary to meet a burgeoning global demand for multi-faceted fluency in Chinese.
This major helps you build strong skills in many critical areas through a comprehensive curriculum that offers core business courses along with Chinese language study spread throughout the entire program.
You’ll develop these competencies not by just reading textbooks and attending class lectures but also by direct immersion experiences in a foreign culture through an exciting semester of study abroad in China.
As a Chinese Business major at Messiah College, you’ll be able to:
- Develop proficiency in another language.
- Spend a semester studying in China.
- Take six to nine
credits of Chinese language courses and three to six credits of
business courses conducted in English.
- Live among other international students where you can easily meet and interact with many Chinese students.
- Embark on an internship during your semester abroad in China.
- Gain skills that are in high demand among many of today’s employers.
- Develop global awareness and cultural understanding through direct experiences in the Chinese culture.
- Prepare for a career with international businesses, missions and international service organizations; community organizations with international ties; or domestic businesses with Chinese clients.
- Continue on to graduate school to further specialize in business or Chinese.
This new major prepares students to meet a global demand for individuals with a strong background in business coupled with proficiency in a second language.
|Department of Modern Languages|
|Learn more about this department
|Cross-cultural destinations include Germany, Ghana and Spain.|
|State-of-the-art technology with extensive language software is available in the Beatriz Howe language lab.|
|Modern language students take an intensive semester in Paris, France; Marburg, Germany; China; Valparaiso, Chile; or Barcelona, Spain.|
|Teaching certification is available in French, German and Spanish languages.|
|Language proficiency is evaluated according to the guidelines of the American Council for the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL)|
|Students learn how to think and read critically, speak clearly and interact with others around the globe.|
|Professors lead cross-cultural courses, conduct research, publish and present papers nationally and internationally.|
|Among our professors is one who is a translator and interpreter; another who has transcribed books; and several who have studied, taught, traveled, worked and lived abroad.|