- Chinese Business
Develop Chinese language skills and cultural understanding along with the international business competencies necessary to meet a burgeoning global demand for multi-faceted fluency in Chinese.
This major helps you build strong skills in many critical areas through a comprehensive curriculum that offers core business courses along with Chinese language study spread throughout the entire program.You’ll develop these competencies not by just reading textbooks and attending class lectures but also by direct immersion experiences in a foreign culture through an exciting semester of study abroad in Dalian, China—a trading and financial center in northeastern Asia that has gained the name the “Hong Kong of Northern China.” As a Chinese Business major at Messiah College, you’ll be able to:
- Develop proficiency in another language.
- Spend a semester in China studying at the Dalian University of Finance and Economics.
- Take six to nine credits of Chinese language courses and three to six credits of business courses conducted in English at China’s Dalian University.
- Live among other international students at Dalian University, China, where you can easily meet and interact with many Chinese students.
- Embark on an internship during your semester abroad in China.
- Gain skills that are in high demand among many of today’s employers.
- Develop global awareness and cultural understanding through direct experiences in the Chinese culture.
- Prepare for a career with international businesses, missions and international service organizations; community organizations with international ties; or domestic businesses with Chinese clients.
- Continue on to graduate school to further specialize in business or Chinese.